In the early days of Wisconsin Dells tourism, visitors came for steamboat tours of the Wisconsin River. That was about, oh, 150 years ago. Today, the community has morphed itself into a four-season vacation destination. We turned to the Facebook fans of Wisconsin Dells to find out if they had a favorite season to visit. Here’s a sampling of replies that started pouring in within seconds of posting the query.
• Meet people from all around the world.
• I like the outdoor waterparks best!
• We go downtown and do all the fun stuff there.
• Bartlett’s ski show!
• Love the WATER!
• I’m a roller coaster freak :-)
• Leaves changing color and still warm enough to take the boat out on the river and just
take in the view!!!
• The kids are back in school and the leaves are changing. It is oh-so beautiful and relaxing!!!
• Halloween events and the trees!
• So many attractions are open now. Love it!
• Can have fun at the great indoor waterparks.
• It’s a nice change to wear a swim suit in the dead of winter.
• My kids would say summer, but I love winter. We had a reunion there, hard snow falling
outside, and we were in our swimsuits enjoying the fun and warmth.
• The Dells are absolutely beautiful in WINTER!
• Rates were FANTASTIC.
• Spring break is the best time for staying in Wisconsin Dells.
• Went on Spring Break a few years ago, less crowded.
• Pre-season when the rates are great.
• We’ve gone at all seasons and enjoy it every time no matter what the season.
• Anytime of the year! The Dells has it going on all year long!!! LOVE IT.
• There are fun things to do all year round! We are actually in the Dells right now!!
• There is so much to do in the Dells that you can visit anytime and find plenty of fun
and family friendly things to do.
• Rain, snow, hot or cold there is always something to do!
In case you’re wondering, after one day’s worth of voting, the local Visitor Bureau staff tallied the results. Summer was #1, with fall and winter in a dead heat for the #2 spot. The staff loved the fact that “anytime” was right up there too.