It takes quite the crew to run “The Waterpark Capital of the World®”. In addition to the year-round staff, thousands of employees come from near and far to work in the Dells each summer. You might be familiar with the registration team at the front desk, housekeepers, waiters, ride attendants and lifeguards. But there’s a whole other team working behind the scenes to keep your vacation running smoothly. Here’s a look at a few of the more unique jobs in town.
- S’more Sommelier Book the Happy Glamper package at Yogi Bear™ Camp-Resort & Water Playground and a s’more sommelier will bring you the makings for gourmet s’mores along with a bottle of sparkling wine.
- Ski Clown The Tommy Bartlett Show staged on Lake Delton is one of the last professional water ski shows of its kind in the country. Aqua the Clown is always a crowd favorite and hasn’t missed a show in 63 years.
- Dog Handler at Stand Rock The famous leap at Stand Rock captured by 19th century photographer H.H. Bennett is recreated with a trusty dog taking the leap these days. For the dog handler these dogs are more than performers, they are part of the family.
- Duck Mechanic Keeping the world’s largest fleet of Ducks in tip-top working order is no small task. The Ducks employ full-time mechanics who not only keep the engines running but also know how to maintain the beautiful bodies of these WWII vehicles despite their constant dips into water.
- Mini-Golf Gardener You have to love flowers to tend to the tens of thousands of annuals that bedeck the mini golf course at Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf. The gardeners spend hours planting the blooms in the spring so visitors can enjoy them come the warm weather.
- Field Biologist Staffers at the International Crane Foundation are world visionaries when it comes to protecting these majestic birds. You can often find them in the field working with the cranes when you visit.
- Waterpark Mascot Did you know that all the largest waterparks in the Dells have their own waterpark mascots? How many can you name? There’s Kenya the Elephant (Kalahari Resort Waterparks), Zeus (Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park), Monty the Moose (Wilderness Resort), Cati (Chula Vista Resort), Alex the Alligator (Noah’s Ark Waterpark) and Wiley the Wolf (Great Wolf Lodge).
- Snow Maker Sure we get tons of snow in Wisconsin but sometimes they need a bit more at Cascade Mountain Ski, Snowboard & Snow Tube and Christmas Mountain Village™ Ski, Snowboard & Tube. That’s where the snow maker comes in, helping folks ski and tube in the best conditions possible.
- Sunset Cruise Serenade Dan Soma is his name and singing and strumming away on the Dells Boat Tours® Sunset Dinner Cruise is his game. The dinner atmosphere just wouldn’t be the same without him.
New career goals, right? For more information on job openings in Wisconsin Dells, check out http://www.wisdells.com/wisconsin-dells-employment.htm