We want your waterpark experience in “The Waterpark Capital of the World!®” to be a great one, so we thought it might be helpful to put together a refresher on Waterpark Essentials. Here’s a list of what to bring, what to leave home and how to make the most of your day at the waterparks in Wisconsin Dells.
Remember to Bring
- A swimsuit or two
- Waterproof sunscreen
- Sunglasses – bonus if they’re polarized to cut down on glare from the water
- Cell phone to stay in touch and waterproof bag for safe stowing
- Footwear – flip flops or water shoes are both good choices to protect your feet as you walk from one waterslide to the next to the next
- Biggest, thirstiest beach towel you have
- Swimsuit cover-up for the stroll back to your room or the car
- Swim goggles - great for the wave pools
- Quarters for storage lockers
- Waterproof camera
- Don’t Ignore This One
- Two sets of car keys – keep them in separate places in case you lose one
- Leave at Home
- Jewelry – you don’t want to lose it and you can’t wear it on extreme waterslides anyway
Important Safety Rules
- Follow the directions of the lifeguards.
- Read and obey all the precaution signs posted at the rides, slides and pools.
- Know your limits, especially if you don’t know how to swim. Ask for a life jacket as you enter the park. Children under a certain age may be required to wear a life jacket.
- Keep an eye out for little ones, always. (Speaking of little ones, swim diapers required.)
- Stay hydrated.
- Walk, don’t run.
- Arrange a meeting time and place (be specific – next to the wave pool won’t cut it) to occasionally check in with the rest of your group.
Now have fun!