We want your waterpark experience to be nothing short of extraordinary. After all, we’re “The Waterpark Capital of the World!®” which means we have that awesome reputation to uphold. So here are some tips on what to bring, what to leave at home, and how to navigate the wonderful world of Wisconsin Dells’ waterparks.
Remember to Bring
- A swimsuit or two
- Waterproof sunscreen
- Sunglasses – bonus if they’re polarized to cut down on glare from the water
- Cell phone to stay in touch and waterproof bag for safe stowing
- Footwear – flip flops or water shoes are both good choices to protect your feet as you walk from one waterslide to the next to the next
- Biggest, thirstiest beach towel you have
- Swimsuit cover-up for the stroll back to your room or the car
- Swim goggles - great for the wave pools
- Quarters for storage lockers
- Waterproof camera
Don’t Ignore This One
- Two sets of car keys – keep them in separate places in case you lose one
Leave at Home
- Jewelry – you don’t want to lose it and you can’t wear it on extreme waterslides anyway
Important Safety Rules
- Follow the directions of the lifeguards.
- Read and obey all the precaution signs posted at the rides, slides and pools.
- Know your limits, especially if you don’t know how to swim. Ask for a life jacket as you enter the park. Children under a certain age may be required to wear a life jacket.
- Keep an eye out for little ones, always. (Speaking of little ones, swim diapers required.)
- Stay hydrated.
- Walk, don’t run.
- Arrange a meeting time and place (be specific – next to the wave pool won’t cut it) to occasionally check in with the rest of your group.
Now have fun!