The Wisconsin Dells area is 19.5 square miles in size, with just over 5,579 permanent residents.
The Water Factory, a water attraction with fun water sprays ideal for little ones, launched the waterpark craze in Wisconsin Dells, when Polynesian Resort Hotel owner Stan Anderson decided to put a roof over it.
There are more than 16 million gallons of water in the area’s many indoor and outdoor waterparks.
Wisconsin Dells has more hotel rooms than any other city in Wisconsin, numbering more than 8,000. It also has 19 campgrounds with nearly 3,200 campsites.
There are more than 400 businesses in the area, many run by second and third generations. In the last three years alone, these business owners have literally pumped in hundreds of millions of dollars in new attractions and expansions.
- There are more than 25 Wisconsin Dells properties that welcome guests with pets. Options include campgrounds, hotels, motels, resorts, condos and cottages.
- Wisconsin Dells is the mecca for waterpark/water playground properties, the highest concentration of these facilities in the world.
- The Polynesian Resort Hotel & Suites was the first property in the nation to introduce the indoor waterpark concept in 1989.
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions is the largest indoor waterpark in Wisconsin at 125,000 square feet.
- Noah's Ark Waterpark is America's largest waterpark, spanning 70 acres with five million gallons of water and three miles of waterslides.
- Wilderness Resort's indoor and outdoor waterpark space combined is 500,000 square feet or equal to twelve football fields and is the largest combined waterpark resort in the nation.
- Ishnala Supper Club sells more than four tons of prime rib between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Monk's Bar & Grill uses more than 36,000 lbs. of fresh ground beef per year for burgers.
- The Cheese Factory Restaurant has its own cookbook, which is one of the top-selling vegetarian cookbooks on the Internet.
- Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co. can brew 15 to 30 barrels of beer per day (500 to 1,000 gallons).
Meeting & Convention Facts
- More than 2,500 meetings are held annually in Wisconsin Dells.
- More than 400,000+ square feet of meeting space is available in Wisconsin Dells.
- Largest meeting facility (combined/flexible space) is Chula Vista Resort with 200,000 square feet. Kalahari Resorts & Conventions offers 100,000 square feet.
- Visitors can obtain Wisconsin Dells travel information from the Wisconsin Dells Visitor & Convention Bureau by calling (800) 223-3557, visiting the web at wisdells.com or by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Visitors driving to Wisconsin Dells can access the area from exits 85-92 on Interstate 90/94.
- Nearest airports include Dane Co. Regional Airport in Madison, Wis. (55 miles), General Mitchell International in Milwaukee, Wis. (116 miles) and O'Hare International in Chicago, Ill. (188 miles).
- Greyhound and Amtrak services are available to Wisconsin Dells.