There’s a reason adults love fall season in the Dells - ok, there’s more than just one reason. Wisconsin Dells makes no secret of the fact that we are growing in popularity amongst adults traveling without kids. Fall seems to be a sweet spot for guys and girls getaways. Must be the gorgeous fall colors, the crisp fresh air, the bounty of the season, the slowed down pace. Or maybe it’s the indoor waterparks? Let’s explore some of the reasons that have adults and groups of friends going ga-ga for in the fall.
- Golf’s the Game: Round up those friends who will make your golf game look better and hit the links at one of the area’s three championship courses - Wild Rock Golf Club, Trappers Turn Golf Club and Cold Water Canyon Golf Course at Chula Vista Resort. There are also a handful of fine executive courses to choose from for a quick afternoon round. Golf villas and spacious condominiums around the Dells area allow you ample space to celebrate afterwards. Or, if you’re a non-golfer, throw down the gauntlet at a mini-golf course, like Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf or Timber Falls Adventure Park; there are plenty of options to choose from.
- Spa and Shop: Those three little words will light a fire under any group of girlfriends who’ve been trying forever to coordinate schedules. This itinerary also presents a nice twist for a bachelorette party. There are day spas, spas at the waterpark resorts, an overnight destination spa and even a trip to one of the lakeside Wisconsin Dells resorts with a spa. Shop the cute gift selection at Cranberry Connections on one end of town, then head downtown for boutique apparel shopping at Alpha Beta Karma and jewelry shopping at Artistic Expressions to name just a few shopping options this fall in the Dells.
- Munch a Bunch: For discerning palates, plan a Wisconsin Dells vacation built around food and beverage finds. There are quintessential Wisconsin supper clubs, a vegetarian restaurant with ethnic fare, tasty fish fry joints, confectionaries, two wineries, two microbrew restaurants and the list goes on and on. Stay at an area B&B and enjoy a gourmet breakfast.
- Hit the Outdoors: For outdoorsy types, pack comfortable shoes and warm clothes for zip lining at one of the three zip line tours in town, kayaking and canoeing the Wisconsin River, Lake Delton or Mirror Lake and hiking at one of the three nearby state parks. Staying with this theme, try Wisconsin Dells camping. The Dells has some 3,200 campsites in all, from rustic tent camping to “glamping” (glamour camping).
- Fall Festivals: Fall could rightly be called Festival Season in the Dells. We have harvest fests, community fests, Halloween fests, food fests, even a festival dedicated to cranes. If you need a little nudge to get in a festive state of mind, we’re just the place to make that happen. It seems Wisconsin Dells has a fall festival or event to suit any fancy. So plan your visit around our calendar of events, or add an event to your itinerary once you arrive.
- World Waterpark Capital: You didn’t think we’d leave out the waterparks in Wisconsin Dells, did you? Grown-ups like to take in the waterparks too, especially when a luxury poolside cabana and adventurous rides and slides are involved. Lodging options are as varied as the indoor waterparks themselves, with oversized condos a great choice to keep the group together.