Just to get the creative juices flowing, here is a condensed calendar for all you family-reunion planners.
15 to 18 months out
- Organize a committee to plan the family reunion. Contact the Wisconsin Dells Visitor & Convention Bureau and request your free Dells information packet.
- Begin your invitation list.
- Look into creating a web site for your Wisconsin Dells family reunion and have a link to the Wisconsin Dells Visitor & Convention Bureau Web site www.wisdells.com. This will give your family members easy access to the reunion information, as well as information on Wisconsin Dells.
One year out
- Choose a date for your reunion and keep it – no matter what!
- Make the reservations at the site and at the Wisconsin Dells hotels or campgrounds where your family will be staying. Some facilities will hold the rooms or campsites for your group, and then each individual family can call in to provide payment information.
- Send out the reunion invitations. Include your reunion web site address.
- Great tip: The Wisconsin Dells Visitor & Convention Bureau will mail out a copy of the Vacation Guide to all your family members at no charge. Simply contact the Visitor Bureau for more information.
9 months out
- Compile your RSVP list.
- Start planning your reunion itinerary and decide which Wisconsin Dells attractions you and your family will be going to. Make the reservations for group activities and meals.
- Create a family reunion souvenir, like a T-shirt or photo album.
6 months out
- Update your web site.
- Assist out of town guests with maps of the area (available from the Visitor Bureau), and airline, train and car rental information.
3 months out
- Add the expected weather conditions to your web site.
- Plan out the menu for the group meals.
One month out
- Confirm all your reservations at the Wisconsin Dells hotels or campgrounds where you'll be staying.
- Send out a newsletter confirming the location and times of all the activities.
Two weeks out
- Call in your final numbers for all your scheduled group meal functions and activities.
- Purchase supplies, disposable cameras, decorations, batteries, and other sundries.
- Pick up the family reunion souvenir.
During the reunion
- Have fun! Enjoy the special time you and your family have together to experience the Dells.
- Update your web site with pictures and stories, so even those who couldn’t make it can be filled in on the fun.
- Start planning your next Wisconsin Dells family reunion.