Wisconsin Dells makes no secret of the fact that it’s gaining popularity among grown-ups traveling without kids, yet it’s still a surprise to many that you don’t need kids to have a good time here. Fall seems to be the sweet spot for guys and girls getaways. Must be the gorgeous fall colors, the crisp fresh air, the bounty of the season, the slowed-down pace. Or maybe it’s the waterparks. Here are five itineraries that groups of friends should be ga-ga for in the fall.
- Golf’s the Game: Round up those friends who will make your golf game look better and hit the links at one of the area’s three championship courses - Wild Rock Golf Club at the Wilderness, Trappers Turn Golf Club and Cold Water Canyon Golf Course at Chula Vista Resort. There are also a handful of fine executive courses to choose from for a quick afternoon round. Golf villas and spacious condominiums around the Dells area allow you ample space to celebrate afterwards. Or, if you’re a non-golfer, throw down the gauntlet at a mini-golf course, like Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf or Timber Falls Adventure Park.
- Spa and Shop: Those three little words will light a fire under any group of girlfriends who’ve been trying forever to coordinate schedules. There are day spas, spas at the waterpark resorts, a lakeside condominium resort with spa, and even an overnight destination spa. Head downtown for boutique apparel shopping at Alpha Beta Karma and jewelry shopping at Winnebago Fine Goods & Gift Shop.
- Munch a Bunch: For discerning palates, plan a trip to Wisconsin Dells built around food and beverage finds. There are quintessential Wisconsin supper clubs, a vegetarian restaurant with ethnic fare, tasty fish fry joints, confectionaries, two wineries, two microbrew restaurants and the list goes on and on. Stay at an area B&B and enjoy a gourmet breakfast.
- Hit the Outdoors: For outdoorsy types, pack comfortable shoes and warm clothes for zip lining at one of the three zip line tours in town, kayaking and canoeing the Wisconsin River and hiking at one of the three nearby state parks.
- Adventure at the Waterpark: You didn’t think we’d leave out waterparks, did you? Grown-ups like to take in the waterparks too, especially when a luxury poolside cabana and adventurous rides and slides are involved. Lodging options are as varied as the indoor waterparks themselves, with oversized condos a great choice to keep the group together.
See All Wisconsin Dells Fall Attractions