This is hands-down our favorite story to write each year – it’s the rundown of all that’s new for the year. And let’s just say Wisconsin Dells is going to be that bright spot you’ve been dreaming about for 2021. Have fun planning!
Take Flight Wilderness Aerial Adventure Ride
Vacation Wish List Starts Here
Ready to do a little vacation daydreaming? Then you’ve clicked on the right story, because this bit of joyful writing covers the Top 10 items to get on your vacation wish list for 2021, courtesy of the creative minds of Wisconsin Dells.
- Wizard Quest Wows in a Big Way This wizard questing attraction has been such a hit that it is relocating to bigger digs to keep all its adventure fans happy. The new four-story space in the 400 block of Broadway is three times the size of the original, with lots more secret passages and hidden entrances to explore. Best to allot a full two hours to solve the mysteries in this combo digital/real-life game. The owners are also adding a village market with a restaurant, gift shop, toy store and ice cream parlor at the new location. The attraction will be easy to spot – just look for the life-size dragon on the roof. Opens summer of 2021.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum Gets Even Weirder Here’s a case of weird being a good thing. This museum of oddities is also expanding in a new space Downtown. Nearly 100% of the exhibits have been turned over to make way for new artifacts and there’s also a new concept that uses scientific methods combined with modern algorithms to determine your personal “style” of weird. This is the first Ripley’s in the country to offer this. So, if you haven’t been to Ripley’s lately, make it a point to stop next time you’re in town. Opens summer of 2021.
- Asgard Axe & Tap Tosses in More Fun If throwing an axe sounds right up your alley, then reserve one of the ten throwing lanes at the newly expanded Asgard attraction just one block off Broadway in downtown Wisconsin Dells. After working up a thirst, head to the bar area where you can choose from 24 craft beers on tap plus a full menu of pub food favorites. The owners also have a lower-level bar in the works that will feature vintage arcade games for grown-ups. Date night anyone?!
- Chula Vista Resort & Waterparks Delivers the Ultimate Rush This waterpark resort is directing its attention to exhilaration on dryland with two new attractions: There’s the 15-story launch ride called The Ultimate Rush opening this summer. Picture if you will, two riders at a time catapulted high into the sky before bouncing back to earth. If you like that ride, then you’re bound to also get a kick out of their new 10-story-tall, dual-racing zipline adventure where you fly face-forward, superhero-style, at upwards of 25 mph. This parallel zipline adventure is one of only three in the country.
- Wilderness Resort Lets You Fly without Leaving the Ground If virtual soaring over Wisconsin Dells is more your speed, then head over to the Wilderness Resort for their Take Flight high-flying in-theater experience. The seats move and your feet dangle, giving the sensation of flight, as imagery of the Dells’ countryside and other U.S. landmarks plays on the massive 65-foot wide by 48-foot-high screen.
- Trappers Turn Golf Club Is Calling All Golfers The new 12-hole Short Course at Trappers Turn Golf Club opens in July, with the designer none other than Wisconsin native and two-time U.S. Open winner, Andy North. With undulating greens, dramatic elevation changes, and routing over and around ravines, it really is a quintessential Wisconsin Dells course. While you’re at Trappers Turn, check out the new fully-lit one-acre putting course opening mid-summer as well. The 12 holes here can be changed daily.
- International Crane Foundation Shows Off Renovation Several years and $10 million in the making, the renovation and expansion of the International Crane Foundation is set for completion in early May. This is the only place in the world where you can see all 15 species of cranes. The transformation includes a new George Archibald Welcome Center, named for the co-founder of the Foundation, with a view to the outside and the sandhill cranes area; wetland habitats for potential nesting for each crane exhibit; and murals by local artists.
- Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Company Takes Hard Seltzer Category by Storm This combo restaurant/microbrewery, a longtime favorite among Wisconsin Dells vacationers, is going all in with its own line of flavored alcoholic seltzers. The first is a Cranberry Cherry Seltzer, available on tap and in growlers to go. They also debuted a new barrel-aged beer program with a dedicated tap for flavors such as Gin Barrel IPA and Belgian Chardonnay. The restaurant has 16 of their own microbrews on tap every day. Get ready for some cheers-ing.
- Dells Bells Wedding Chapel Offers Drive-Up Services The cute little yellow wedding chapel known as Dells Bells has added a drive-up wedding option, making it easier than ever to say, “I do.” Just make a reservation for the day that works best for the two of you, pull up to the chapel and text them your parking stall number, and the officiant will come out to you. You’ll never have to leave your vehicle. Talk about driving off into your happily ever after!
International Crane Foundation
Make sure you order the 2021 Wisconsin Dells Vacation Guide so you can be one of the very first to read about all the exciting details! Click the button below to get on the list.
Order your FREE 2021 Vacation Guide