Togetherness time – now that’s music to the ears of families far and wide! For anyone looking for family reunion venues to please the whole group, you’ve come to the right place. Let us help you make 2021 “the year of reconnecting.”
Start Here for Info on Great Family Reunion Locations
For the many who had to forego the annual family reunion in 2020, it’s time to make up for lost time with a family gathering to celebrate the simple pleasures in life – family, fun and togetherness.
While the group will be filled with joy just to see each other, let’s build on that with a family reunion itinerary planner that checks all the other “happiness” boxes.
Why Wisconsin Dells
- Activities to suit your definition of fun.
- Scenic beauty you’ll only find in this part of the world.
- The dells of Wisconsin Dells are really a geologic wonder onto themselves.
- The towering sandstone cliffs hugging the Wisconsin River, pine forests as far as the eye can see, lakes with mirror-like surfaces, plus lots of wildlife mean this is a distinctly Midwest paradise.
- Scenic boat tours and Duck tours of the river are often an annual event for family reunion groups. Teenagers may appreciate the jet boat tours even more.
- Easy to get to, no plane required. Wisconsin Dells is one of the easiest road trips coming and going. Centrally located, convenient freeway access, free parking at area resorts, and a strollable downtown district make this a winner for anyone who will be behind the wheel.
- Places to stay as varied as your relatives. Is pleasing everyone even a possibility? In Wisconsin Dells it is. Read on for lodging ideas based on the party size of your reunion group.
Baker's Sunset Bay
Venues for Family Gatherings in Wisconsin
- Small gatherings call for cabins, villas, and vacation homes. After you’re done hugging each other, you’ll be pinching yourselves when you see how wonderful your reunion accommodations are.
- Medium-size groups gravitate to the classic properties. There’s no better place to simultaneously reminisce and make new family reunion memories than at a classic Wisconsin Dells resort. Baker’s Sunset Bay, with a prime location on Lake Delton, and Meadowbrook Resort, nestled in an easily accessible wooded setting, immediately come to mind.
- Large family reunion rentals at the waterpark resorts. You will never go wrong when you book a block of rooms at one of the area’s world-famous waterpark complexes. Rotate year to year between Kalahari Resort & Conventions, Wilderness Resort, Great Wolf Lodge, Chula Vista Resort and Mt. Olympus Resort. Along with gargantuan indoor and outdoor waterparks, these resorts roll out the red carpet for families with loads of fun experiences including theme parks and escape rooms. If your group craves a little friendly competition, there are family reunion sports including golf and mini-golf, go karts, zip lining, and bowling.
Here’s an idea if your group loves the great outdoors: Reserve adjacent campsites at one of the campgrounds in the area. There are nearly 3,000 total sites to choose from, including many group sites. If your reunion group includes lots of little ones, Try Sherwood Forest Camping & RV Park or Yogi Bear Camp-Resort & Water Playground. Check out the complete list of campgrounds here.
Lake Delton Waterfront Villas
Get Together Outside for a Meal and Memory-Making
Here are two venues perfect for family picnics and parties while you’re in Wisconsin Dells:
- Take to the terrace. Riverfront Terrace is an outdoor entertainment space perched directly above the Wisconsin River in downtown Dells. Family members can gather here for food and beverages, live music, and games. Reserve the Upper Terrace all to yourselves – fits up to 100 people.
- Head to the shed. The Grateful Shed is more than a place to gather it’s an experience. Family members can congregate on the upper balcony. Families will love having three different food trucks to enjoy along with a dessert cart. No fighting over where to eat here. Plus, the lawn games and interactive experience will keep all members of the family entertained.
Restaurants That Relish Hosting Large Groups
Dine together comfortably at
You can also go the catering route when you work with Stuff’s Restaurant & Catering. They’ve been around since 1966 and know a thing or two about serving multi-gen get-togethers.
So, to anyone who’s been “nominated” to plan the next family reunion, remember, Wisconsin Dells is here for you as one of the great family reunion locations of all time.