Let’s face it, fall is the fleeting season. Before you know it, those colorful leaves will be fluttering to the ground, but not before one last hurrah of autumn activities in Wisconsin Dells. Join us!
Parks, Pumpkins, Golf and More Fall Goodness
There’s no prettier season in Wisconsin Dells than fall. Need proof? Here you go, five pretty awesome fall activities that wrap up in the next few weeks.
- Country Bumpkin Farm Market: It’s a veritable cornucopia of veggies, fruits, baked goods, jams, honey and caramel apples at this family farm. There’s a pumpkin catapult, corn maze and wagon rides to the pumpkin patch too. Check out the deep red-orange Cinderella pumpkins. On Oct. 12 and 19 they stay open late for their moonlight corn maze and hay wagon rides.
- Pumpkin Train Rides – During the weekend of Oct. 19-20, Mid-Continent Railway Museum in nearby North Freedom will be offering their Pumpkin Special™ train ride. The seven-mile route takes you through beautiful countryside to Quartzite Lake where passengers can buy pumpkins from a local grower. Similarly, Riverside and Great Northern Railway in Wisconsin Dells is offering pumpkin train rides every Saturday and Sunday in the month of October, with seven departures daily. Children under 12 can pick a pumpkin for free!
- Hiking and Leaf Peeping at State Parks: Did you know that Wisconsin Dells is within a stone’s throw of three state parks? Devil’s Lake is the most well-known, with cliffs for hiking. Mirror Lake hiking trails get you close to sandstone outcroppings that are a sight to behold especially with a splash of fall color as the backdrop. Rocky Arbor has a one-mile, self-guided nature trail and cute picnic area and playground at the park entrance.
- Golfing among Greens, Reds and Golds: Before the season ends, go for your best round ever at one of the championship courses in the area. There’s Wild Rock Golf Club, Trappers Turn Golf Club and Cold Water Canyon, three that are glorious to play any time of the year, but especially in October. Don’t have time to play a full round? Check out the nine-hole course, Fairfield Hills Golf Course & Driving Range, Spring Brook Golf Course and The Woods Short Course at Wild Rock.
- Leaf peeping and wine sampling go hand in hand here. Baraboo Bluff Winery, Balanced Rock Winery and Wollersheim Winery & Distillery all have exceptional views of the bluffs, providing the perfect harvest-colored backdrop while you raise a glass to fall.