Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year, so here’s your chance to shower attention on the one you love for a full weekend. We have ideas!
Wisconsin Dells Has a Romantic Side
Awww, Wisconsin Dells has a romantic side and it really shines around Valentine’s Day. With Feb. 14 conveniently falling on a Friday this year, we thought you’d appreciate a full weekend of ideas to present to your significant other for a lovely getaway for just the two of you, so here goes.
- This one is just like a scene out of a romance movie: Head to Red Ridge Ranch Riding Stable for a horseback ride through a winter wonderland. There’s also Canyon Creek Riding Stables and Woodside Ranch Riding Stables.
- Go for a snowshoe hike at Devil’s Lake State Park. Or glide along on cross-country skis at Mirror Lake State Park.
- Melt away stress with a swim in the heated outdoor infinity pool at Sundara Inn & Spa followed by a spa together treatment and an overnight stay. The February seasonal treatments are themed “Sublime Solace” and make use of organic body products with an amber oil base known for its healing qualities and a wonderful natural fragrance that’s unisex. There are also a handful of wonderful day spas in the area too.
- Hold hands during a performance of the comedy “Moon Over Buffalo” at Palace Theater or see country star Sara Evans perform Feb. 15 at Crystal Grand Music Theatre.
- Enjoy a leisurely dinner for two at an area supper club or steakhouse. Favorites include Del-Bar, House of Embers, Field’s at the Wilderness, Kaminski’s Chop House, Double Cut Charcoal Grill/Liquor Bar and The VUE - Waterfront Dining & Bar. You won’t want the evening to end, so linger over a dessert for two or classic ice cream drinks.
- For night owls, head to Ho-Chunk Gaming, Wisconsin Dells for slots or blackjack.
- Before you head back home, be sure to play at an indoor waterpark – it’s allowed and you’re bound to love it!