Wisconsin Dells in the Fall Is Its Own Kind of Wonderful
Fast on the heels of summer sun and fun is fall in Wisconsin Dells – the vacation enjoyment never stops here! Everything you need to know about Wisconsin Dells fall activities and events for 2022 is just ahead.
Celebrate the Season with These Wisconsin Dells Fall Events
There are more events in fall than any other time of year in Wisconsin Dells. The crisp air and changing colors set the tone for fun and entertainment in downtown Dells, where each of the following festivities is located. We’re betting at least one of these seasonal events calls to you.
- Wo-Zha-Wa Days Fall Festival, Sept. 16-18: This fest is a tradition for locals and visitors alike. It has such a small-town Americana feel that plays so well with the transition of seasons. There are carnival rides, a Maxwell Street Days-style sidewalk sale, arts & crafts fair, and a fun run, with the highlight always being the Sunday afternoon parade.
- Fall Wine Walk, Oct. 1: Downtown retail shops, eateries and bars are transformed into wine tasting destinations, with more than 20 stops in all. Further tempting the palate, all those reds and whites are paired with hors d’oeuvres at each of the locations. Tickets on sale now.
- Dells on Tap Weekend, Oct. 14-15: Yes, two days dedicated to artisan brews! It kicks off with the Dells Craft Beer Walk on Friday, Oct. 14, 5-9 PM. Sample from a mega selection of microbrews at participating bars in the downtown district. Present your ticket for tasty food specials too. On to Saturday, Oct. 15, and the Dells on Tap microbrew festival staged under a tent in downtown Dells. Opt for the VIP admission which gets you in from noon-1 PM. before the fest opens to the rest of the attendees - you’ll get a commemorative tasting mug, pretzel necklace, and light snacks as you get some one-on-one time with brewmasters. General admission runs from 1-5 and includes a tasting mug. Get your tickets here.
Sweet on Downtown Dells Eateries for Fall
While downtown, don’t miss out on two new food stops, sure to cure what you’re craving.
- Huckleberry’s Ice Cream and Bakery on Broadway, next to the original MACS-Macaroni and Cheese Shop, has such a great old-fashioned ice cream parlor aesthetic – well done Huckleberry’s - and the sweet treats are out of this world.
- The District, right on the riverfront in downtown Dells, serves up tasty flavors from its scratch kitchen and they always come with a side of terrific views of the Wisconsin River. Try the PB Crunch Combo burger with cheddar cheese, bacon, peanut butter, apple bacon jam and topped with crunch potato chips (we kid you not!), with a Fluffy Unicorn Shake, because, why not.
Now is the perfect time to start planning your fall trip to Wisconsin Dells. Use our trip builder tool for even more suggestions.