Budget-friendly and Free Things to Do in Wisconsin Dells
There are fun free things to do in Wisconsin Dells that might surprise you. “Free” is a fabulous word, especially for families traveling on a budget, and who isn’t embracing a budget-conscious approach these days. So lean into “free!”
Some of the best things in life are free and we rank quality family time away from the demands of the everyday at the top of that list. This summer, take advantage of this list of free and value-added activities when you’re in Wisconsin Dells to enhance the good vacation vibes.
- Experience the New Elm Street Plaza – a must-do this summer! The newly opened Elm Street Plaza is sure to be a favorite destination this summer for free nightly entertainment, the Sunday farmers’ market, and seasonal celebrations. The plaza has in-ground water features for the little ones to cool off in, and there is a giant mural which is picture-perfect for photos to fill your social feed.
- Stroll the Scenic River Walk in the downtown district. Consider this your “awe walk” when in Wisconsin Dells, as you’ll be treated to awe-inspiring views of the Wisconsin River from the vantage point of the bluffs that hug the river’s path. Pick up this paved trail right downtown. Stop at the game tables, rest on the benches, and take some photos.
- Enjoy downtown performers. With no schedule to keep, enjoy a leisurely walk of the downtown district. You’re sure to see free street performers, plus the people-watching, window shopping, and sunset viewing are all fun ways to while away a lazy summer day.
- Get familiar with the Deals page on WisDells.com. The local visitor bureau posts freebies, coupons, and packages by category to make it easy for visitors to score deals. You can search for specials on lodging, attractions, shopping, and dining. During events, look for deals to be even more delightful.
- See if the Passport to Savings is a fit for your family. The theory behind the Passport to Savings is simple: The more experiences you’d like to have as a family, the more you can save on Wisconsin Dells tickets to favorite attractions including boat tours, go karts, roller coasters, mini-golf, and more.
- Research what your resort has to offer in the way of complimentary attraction passes. As you’re reviewing lodging options, be sure to research the many offers from hotels and resorts for complimentary admission tickets to area attractions with an overnight stay.
- Plan a midweek stay. If you can sneak away midweek, do it. Why? Because there’s a good chance you’ll save dollars on lodging.
- Consider how much there is to enjoy for the reasonable cost of a state park pass. There are four state parks within a short drive of Wisconsin Dells – Devil’s Lake, Mirror Lake, Rocky Arbor, and Roche-A-Cri. Maybe you already have an annual admission sticker. If yes, then enjoy to your heart’s content. A daily vehicle admission sticker is another option to get you access to the myriad joys of the great outdoors. Buy at a state park or online.
You might have landed here if you were looking for: free things to do in the wisconsin dells, free things to do in the dells