Horseback Riding Wisconsin Dells Recommendations
October is the ideal month for Wisconsin Dells horseback riding adventures, with crisp temperatures and crunchy color-changing leaves lending themselves to brisk gallops through the countryside.
To really “see” the beauty of Wisconsin Dells, why not try an active sightseeing approach, with horseback riding a terrific choice. Along with places for you to sit tall in the saddle, we threw in some sit-back-in-a-wagon recommendations at the end of this article too.
Three Stables for Seeing the Last of Fall Color
Ride among swirling, twirling leaves when you choose one of these three stables for horseback riding in Wisconsin Dells.
- With its western theme and ride to tombstone, Canyon Creek Riding Stables is perfect for a family ride. The experienced guides and gentle horses make the one-hour trail ride especially enjoyable. When the ride is done, mosey on over to the free petting zoo.
- Red Ridge Ranch offers one-hour guided trail rides through 250 acres of woods and rolling fields. Along with the horseback riding experience, this stable has some great Halloween activities in October, including a hay maze, haunted tractor-drawn hayride through the ranch trails at night, and campfires. So, ride during the day and return at dusk on Friday and Saturday nights in October for the full spooky treatment.
- Woodside Ranch is as close to an authentic dude ranch as you’ll find in these parts and has been in business for more than 100 years. Rustic cabins dot the 1,000 acres and they offer an all-inclusive package that includes dining and trail rides. If you’re going just for the day, you’ll have your choice of private rides for a maximum of 10 people, regular rides, and pony rides.
Two Horse-Drawn Wagon Ride Locations with All the Feels of Fall Too
Lean into togetherness as you pile into the wagon at these horse-drawn wagon ride locations.
- Lost Canyon Tours takes you through a magnificent steep-walled gorge – the longest and deepest land canyon in Wisconsin - with the guides talking the horses through the tight squeeze. This quaint horse-drawn ride, which fits 15, has been a favorite of families for generations.
- Guests of the Wilderness Resort can take a horse-drawn wagon ride, included with their stay, with the wagon pulled by a team of one-ton draft horses. Enjoy the picturesque views of the woods before heading back to the waterpark.
One More Idea: Meet Duke a Pint-sized Pony for Full-size Fun
At Country Bumpkin Farm Market, you’ll find a petting farm with all sorts of domesticated animals including goats, llamas, donkeys and Duke, the beloved miniature horse. You’re sure to fall in love with him and he you, as long as you have a cone of feed in hand. While you’re there, take a hay wagon ride around their 30-acre produce farm, but only through October. You can also select a pumpkin from their giant patch or make a run through their corn maze.
Time to giddy-up and plan for horseback riding in Wisconsin Dells.
You might have landed here if you were looking for: horseback riding in the Wisconsin dells