You know you’re going to shop for holiday gifts, it’s inevitable, so why not make it fun. Here are eight places worth an in-person visit, plus a stocking stuffer idea that is one size fits all.
Making a List, Checking It Twice
Deck the halls! The “Deals & Packages” section of the WisDells.com website has just been updated with holiday specials, making it a great starting point for shopping inspiration. Browse at your leisure. But let’s not stop there. Here is a curated list of shopping spots in Wisconsin Dells where you’re sure to check off a few people on your list.
- Winnebago Gift Shop: A landmark in downtown Dells, updated for modern tastes with cute home décor items, casually hip apparel and giftables.
- Microbrews: Enjoy sampler flights in the Engine House Tap Room at Port Huron Brewing Company and leave with your favorites to gift to the beer enthusiasts on your list. Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co. has its favorite brews in cans and bottles to go, including the Sconnie Citrus Wheat and the Rustic Red Ale.
- Local Wine: There are six distinct wineries in the Wisconsin Dells area…bet you didn’t know that! The most historic of the half-dozen is Wollersheim Winery, the newest addition to the bunch is Balanced Rock Winery. Sip and then stock up on wine for hostess gifts.
- Pepper Palace: You’ll find a great variety of small batch sauces here, from “crazy hot” to “nice and mild.” Great for the foodie on your list.
- Bekah Kate’s (Kitchen, Kids & Home): This kitchen store housed in a restored 1886 building in nearby Baraboo is the “it” shopping destination if you’re buying for someone who fancies themselves a home chef. The selection of gourmet items and gadgets is wonderful.
- Fudge: While there’s nothing wrong at all with tried-and-true milk chocolate fudge, spread your wings and go for a seasonal flavor at one of the local fudge shops. We like the creamy mint chocolate fudge offerings at Swiss Maid Fudge, Original Wisconsin Dells Fudge and Goody Goody Gum Drop.
- Antique & Craft Mall: The Wisconsin Dells Antique & Craft Mall is brimming with home décor finds, yard art and decorations for the season. Not to mention collectibles from 250 antique dealers.
- Thompson’s Full Bloom: This family owned business has been pleasing plant lovers since 194 Stop into their new location downtown Wisconsin Dells for stunning seasonal items.
Now for that bonus stocking stuffer idea: It’s none other than the Wisconsin Dells Gift Card, redeemable at more than 200 businesses in the area. What could be easier?!