You know you’re going to shop for holiday gifts, it’s inevitable, so why not make it fun. Here are eight places worth an in-person visit, plus a stocking stuffer idea that is one size fits all.
Making a List, Checking It Twice
Deck the halls! The “Deals & Packages” section of the WisDells.com website has just been updated with holiday specials, making it a great starting point for shopping inspiration. Browse at your leisure. But let’s not stop there. Here is a curated list of shopping spots in Wisconsin Dells where you’re sure to check off a few people on your list.
- Winnebago Gift Shop: A landmark in downtown Dells, updated for modern tastes with cute home décor items, casually hip apparel and giftables.
- Microbrews: Wisconsin Dells Brewing Co. has its favorite brews in cans and bottles to go, including the Sconnie Citrus Wheat and the Rustic Red Ale.
- Local Wine: There are six distinct wineries in the Wisconsin Dells area…bet you didn’t know that! The most historic of the half-dozen is Wollersheim Winery, the newest addition to the bunch is Balanced Rock Winery. Sip and then stock up on wine for hostess gifts.
- Pepper Palace: You’ll find a great variety of small batch sauces here, from “crazy hot” to “nice and mild.” Great for the foodie on your list.
- Bekah Kate’s (Kitchen, Kids & Home): This kitchen store housed in a restored 1886 building in nearby Baraboo is the “it” shopping destination if you’re buying for someone who fancies themselves a home chef. The selection of gourmet items and gadgets is wonderful.
- Fudge: While there’s nothing wrong at all with tried-and-true milk chocolate fudge, spread your wings and go for a seasonal flavor at one of the local fudge shops. We like the creamy mint chocolate fudge offerings at Swiss Maid Fudge, Original Wisconsin Dells Fudge and Goody Goody Gum Drop.
- Antique & Craft Mall: The Wisconsin Dells Antique & Craft Mall is brimming with home décor finds, yard art and decorations for the season. Not to mention collectibles from 250 antique dealers.
- Thompson’s Full Bloom: This family owned business has been pleasing plant lovers since 194 Stop into their new location downtown Wisconsin Dells for stunning seasonal items.
Now for that bonus stocking stuffer idea: It’s none other than the Wisconsin Dells Gift Card, redeemable at more than 200 businesses in the area. What could be easier?!