Moms, we salute you for going above and beyond. To celebrate Mother’s Day in 2021, how does a little me-time sound? We put together a list of awesome Mother’s Day ideas in Wisconsin Dells just for moms!
Baraboo Bluff Winery
Getaway Ideas Just for Moms
Honestly, moms deserve so much more than just one day of celebration per year but, since we can’t change the annual holiday calendar, we instead serve up lots of lovely getaway ideas just for moms. Whether traveling with fellow moms, BFF moms, or three generations of moms, we invite moms to take a break to enjoy some me-time in Wisconsin Dells. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by this list of area offerings!
- Do a little sightseeing of the serene variety. See Wisconsin Dells in a whole new light when you take a leisurely Dells Boat Tours ride on the Wisconsin River. There’s a two-hour Upper Dells tour with two shore landings, and a one-hour Lower Dells tour with legendary sights. May 1st marks the grand re-opening of the International Crane Foundation. Make your reservation to marvel at all 15 species of cranes found around the world.
- Put your wellness first with spa treatments. There’s a common saying that “moms can’t afford to be sick,” and moms everywhere are nodding their heads yes reading that. Which is why good-for-you spa treatments earned a prominent spot on this getaway list. There are de-stressing therapeutic massages, skin-quenching facials and nourishing body wraps at Spa Serenity, Spa Del Sol at Chula Vista Resort, Spa Kalahari, and Sun Mountain Spa. Sporty moms can turn to Touch Fusion Massage for a sports massage. For a full wellness immersion, plan an overnight stay at the much-awarded Sundara Inn & Spa. For the month of May, Sundara Inn & Spa is welcoming next-gen spa goers ages 16-17, perfect for special mom and teen bonding time.
- Enjoy all the benefits of silent sports. There is something so meditative about paddling across calm waters, especially when the scenery includes ancient forests and sandstone bluffs. Rent a stand-up paddleboard or kayak from Dells Watersports at the Mirror Lake location and enjoy the escape from the real world. If hiking is your happy place, head to Devil’s Lake State Park where the towering pink quartzite cliffs, sometimes referred to as the “Grand Canyon of the Midwest.”
- Add some art to your abode. Adding some new art to your home (or home office) can bring everyday happiness to your space. Watson’s Woods has hand-carved sculptures, pottery, and Native American artwork, which makes a perfect gift for every type of mom. The Wisconsin Dells Antique & Craft Mall is an antique lover’s paradise with more than 250 dealers. There’s also Five Sisters Antiques and Collectibles, an upscale boutique and vintage store. For moms who use plants as art, try Thompson’s Full Bloom or Wisconsin Landscaping & Garden Center.
- Savor a sip of wine. The Wisconsin Dells area is home to six distinct wineries, so may we recommend a self-guided wine tour of all six: Baraboo Bluff Winery, known for its incredible views of the Baraboo Bluffs; Fawn Creek Winery, with a full schedule of live music on its pavilion stage; Prairie Hawk Winery, where the hard cider is a must-try along with the wine; Balanced Rock Winery at the doorstep of Devil’s Lake State Park with its own driving range; Broken Bottle Winery, sister winery to Baraboo Bluff; and the storied Wollersheim Winery & Distillery with hillside vineyards overlooking the Wisconsin River Valley. Another great option to consider – Kilbourn Cork wine bar in downtown Dells.
- Slow down over a great meal. Start your day with a great coffee drink and pastry from Bella Goose Coffee, a café perched above the Wisconsin River. At lunchtime, try the street bites and refreshing margaritas, all with river views, at Mexicali Rose, the signature salads at High Rock Café, the sliders at B-LUX or a refreshing house-made popsicle at WIchoacana Mexican Dessert Bar. Ease into the evening with a classic old-fashioned cocktail at Ishnala Supper Club while you watch the sun sink low over Mirror Lake. End the day with a wood-fired pizza at Tumbled Rock Brewery & Kitchen, where you can also make a meal out of their deliciously creative appetizers.
Sundara Inn & Spa
One Last Tip for Moms
Do feel free to share this story to plant the seed for a Mother’s Day feast in the Dells. Kalahari Resorts & Conventions and Chula Vista Resort have special brunches planned for May 9th. There are Mother’s Day dining delights at Field’s at the Wilderness, Trappers Turn Golf Club, Spring Brook Resort and House of Embers as well. With dozens of delicious items on the menus, it’s a wonderful way to treat the deserving moms in your life.