Fireworks Shows in Wisconsin Dells
Wisconsin Dells' 4th of July celebrations will light up the night sky from one end of town to the other, starting July 1 and running through July 4. Time to map out top viewing spots for your big boom getaway.
Ah, 4th of July Wisconsin Dells, a magical time when “oooh’s” and “oh wow’s” can be heard radiating from more places than waterpark slides and roller coaster rides. We’re talking fireworks displays and it goes without saying when you’re a top vacation destination there is no such thing as going small. Here’s a handy guide to favorite viewing spots for fireworks in Wisconsin Dells.
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions: Saturday, July 1 at dusk. The Kalahari Kaboom is a daylong patriotic jubilee filled with family-friendly fun, arts & crafts, live DJ, cookout, bouncy house, dunk tank, games and giveaways, kids’ parade, and photo booth, all a prelude to the evening pyrotechnics set to music. Best viewing: Head to the Convention Center parking lot at sunset for the red, white, and blue fireworks extravaganza.
- Chula Vista Resort: Sunday, July 2 at dusk. Guests have lots of spots to choose from around the grounds for fireworks viewing at this resort perched above the Wisconsin River. Before the show: Marvel at the wonders of Mother Nature with a stroll along the resort riverwalk.
- Community Fireworks Wisconsin Dells: Tuesday, July 4 at dusk. Prime viewing is behind the city’s municipal building at 300 La Crosse Street. Before the show: Visit the downtown district to pick up your favorite flavor of fudge or popcorn to nibble on during the show.
- Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Resort: Tuesday, July 4 at dusk. Free for guests with plenty of room to spread out across the lower waterpark. Here’s an idea: Try the new Medusa’s Slidewheel, America’s first rotating waterslide, during the day to get the adrenaline going for the big nighttime show.
- Wilderness Resort: Tuesday, July 4 at dusk. This annual show for guests is launched near the Glacier Canyon Conference Center with the best seats near the Lost World Waterpark. Bonus that staff will be handing out free glow sticks for the kids. More patriotic fun: The resort has lots of free July 4th activities for the little ones including patriotic crafts and outdoor games.
More Wisconsin Dells 4th of July Holiday Happenings
Spring Brook Resort Red, White & Blue Golf Tournament: Sunday, July 2. The course here offers a challenge without being too intimidating, which sounds perfect for a holiday tourney. Overnight guests of Spring Brook Resort are invited to the All American Pool Party, which runs from noon-4 PM the same day, with the food menu provided by their onsite sports bar & grill.
Wisconsin Dells Farmers’ Market: Sunday, July 2, 9:30 AM -1:30 PM, the new Elm Street Plaza at 350 Broadway. Stock up on goodies for the holiday weekend at the farmers’ market.
Sherwood Forest Campground & RV Park: Tuesday, July 4. Campers are invited to decorate bikes and golf carts for a parade around the campgrounds before walking to the fireworks display downtown.
Pedal Pull for Kids: Tuesday, July 4, 6 PM. This fun pedal tractor pull competition is for kids ages 4-12 and will take place at the fireworks grounds, 300 La Crosse Street in downtown Wisconsin Dells. Signup is one hour prior to pull start time. Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in every class.
Cool Off with a Red, White & Blue Frozen Treat
Stop in Huckleberry’s Ice Cream & Bakery shop and order a three-scoop cone. At Cheese Cake Heaven, choose a baked-from-scratch frozen cheesecake on a stick dipped in chocolate. Dells Bistro has ice cream bubble waffles and yummy smoothies. WIchoacana Mexican Dessert Bar is known for its delicious homemade Mexican popsicles.
You might have landed here if you were looking for: the dells 4th of july, fireworks the dells