Wisconsin Dells Packing List
We’re here to take the guesswork out of packing for Wisconsin Dells with this Top 10 Packing List for vacation. Discover why these are the essentials for your next family getaway.
Let’s make packing for Wisconsin Dells a happy task that will get you excited about all that’s to come during your Dells vacation. Beyond shorts, tees, and hoodies, and with the whole family in mind, we bring you our list of 10 essentials covering footwear, swimwear, and accessories.
- Water Shoes – as you’ll have acres and acres to cover at the area’s world-famous waterparks; Case in point Noah’s Ark Waterpark, America’s largest outdoor waterpark at 70 acres.
- Sandals and/or Flip Flops – ideal footwear for taking a scenic tour or relaxing.
- Comfy Closed-Toe Shoes – sneakers will do very nicely for active activities whereas hiking shoes will come in handy if you decide to traverse the trails at any of the four area state parks.
- Cooler: Keep your family’s favorite snacks handy in your suite, with many hotel rooms outfitted with fridges and microwaves for those in-between moments when the kids get a little hangry.
- Binoculars: Calling all birders, young and old, for some bird watching at area state parks and along the Wisconsin River. There’s something about spotting an eagle that is always so exciting.
- Beach Towel: Unfurl your favorite beach towel on the sandy beach at Baker’s Sunset Bay Resort, Aloha Beach Resort, Delton Oaks Resort, or Natura Treescape Resort.
- Sunscreen: Think about all the ways you’ll be outside – waterparks, kayaking and canoeing, golf, and hiking. Be sure to include SPF lip balm.
- Goggles: Make pool time even more fun as you dunk and dive in the wave pools and activity pools.
- Essential Clothing:
- Sunglasses – when you’re out of the pool, slip on sunglasses to keep glare at bay and to look cool too.
- Multiple Swimsuits – many area resorts boast indoor and outdoor waterparks, pools, and whirlpools. Translation: You won’t want to wait on swimsuits to dry to get back to the fun.
- Change of Clothes – you’ll want a change of clothes at the ready after a jet boat tour of the Wisconsin River, with power stops and spins delivering good, clean fun in the form of a drenching.
- Bathing Suit Cover-up – when you take a break for lunch or decide to relax for a spell in your own private cabana, a swimsuit coverup takes you from pool to dryland with ease.
- Hat with Brim: Hats are both a fashion statement and a vacation necessity which is why a hat with brim is included in this list of what to pack for Wisconsin Dells.
- Waterproof Your Belongings:
- Phone Case – with the water attractions in the Dells so plentiful, you’ll be happy you invested in a waterproof phone case. Take it with you to the waterparks, on boat tours, fishing, tubing, and to the beaches.
- Dry Bag – if paddle sports of any sort are on your itinerary (Lake Delton, Mirror Lake, Devil’s Lake, and the calm sections of the Wisconsin River are all great paddling spots), then a bag to keep clothes and belongings dry is essential. It will just make for a happier time all around.
- Umbrella – don’t let a few raindrops stop the fun as you dash indoors to the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory – Interactive Science Center, Wizard Quest, Rick Wilcox Magic Theater, an escape room, or VR attraction for some rainy day entertainment.
- Water Bottle: Stay hydrated when you stroll the Scenic River Walk that follows the Wisconsin River starting in the downtown district.
- Camera: Experienced and amateur photographers alike will want to pack their good camera to capture images of the magnificent bluff formations along the Wisconsin River, the downtown shopping district lit up at night, and the family gathered ‘round the campfire.
Now, with your Wisconsin Dells packing list complete, all that’s left to do is bring a sunny vacation attitude as we’ll supply the fun.