Family Vacation Checklist
If you’re ready to plan your family trip to Wisconsin Dells, then let us provide all the inspiration you’ll need to make it the best ever.
Families choose Wisconsin Dells for in-the-moment fun and made-to-last memories, especially for their annual summer getaways. Which leads us to this list of the top family vacation activities in the area guaranteed to deliver on both.
- World Famous Waterparks: “The Waterpark Capital of the World!®” delivers again, with the country’s first and only rotating waterslide set to debut at Mt. Olympus Waterpark & Theme Park and America’s largest floating waterpark to be the centerpiece of the new Land of Natura natural adventure park opening this summer. And don’t think the waterparks only hold appeal for tweens and teens because there are plenty of kiddie play areas too sized just right for toddlers
- Slow-Down Nostalgia: Classic attractions abound in Wisconsin Dells, with second and third generations of families returning year after year for a traditional Dells summer vacation. There’s Wisconsin Deer Park where the kids can pet the deer; mini golf at Timber Falls or Pirate’s Cove adventure parks; a Wisconsin River tour aboard an amphibious WWII duck boat to see those one-of-a-kind sandstone bluff formations; a horse-drawn wagon ride through a magnificent mile of cliff-walled gorges at Lost Canyon Tours; downtown shopping for fudge, souvenirs and a new pair of Minnetonka moccasins; Big Sky Drive-in Theatre for a double feature; and Circus World historic site where you can take in a stupendous show under the Big Top.
- Speed-Up Exhilaration: If you measure vacation fun in screams and squeals per second, then make sure to zoom around the outdoor track at ADare Go Carts or the indoor tracks at Tom Foolerys Adventure Park and Knuckleheads Trampoline Park Rides Bowling; ride the roller coasters at Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park, including the one that goes underground; try the face-down ziplines at Dells Zipline Adventures; take a wild ride courtesy of WildThing Jet Boats on the Upper Dells and Jet Boat Adventures on both the Upper and Lower Dells; and waterski on Lake Delton with rentals from Dells Watersports.
- Entertaining Attractions: The new Elm Street Plaza with free nightly entertainment is destined to be the hot spot of the summer. There’s also the mesmerizing grand illusions show at the Rick Wilcox Magic Theater.
- Interactive Favorites: Work as a team in freeing the wizards at the life-size game destination known as Wizard Quest; work against the clock in solving the clues at the Booby Trap Escape Rooms; test your science knowledge at the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory – Interactive Science Center; pan for gemstones at Dells Mining Co.; and experience virtual reality at the VR Universe gaming attraction.
- Shopping Finds: Peel off a few hours for some shopping at Outlets at the Dells where family members can fan out to shop their favorites or stroll downtown for some unique souvenir finds.
- Before You Head Home: Capture the memories of another great Wisconsin Dells getaway with a family portrait at Capone’s Original Old Time Picture Studio, Old Abe’s Old Time Portraits, or Prof. Porter’s Old Time Portraits.
You’re sure to work up an appetite while making incredible summer memories so don’t forget to take a timeout to refuel at any of the family-friendly restaurants around the area. We’ve got you covered for breakfast, lunch, dinner and all the mid-day snack breaks – even that late night sweet tooth! Click here to browse through all the options.
And if you have yet to find the perfect place to rest your head after a full day of family fun in Wisconsin Dells, you’ll want to check out our full rundown of lodging options from large waterpark resorts to rustic camping sites and everything in between. Search by category just by clicking here.