Size of Community
Wisconsin Dells, as a destination, is comprised primarily of the City of Wisconsin Dells and the Village of Lake Delton. Totaling just over 19 square miles, this destination has about 5,600 permanent residents.
The Dells welcomes approximately 4+ million visitors annually.
Travel expenditures in 2018 totaled the $1.638 billion, an increase of 4% from the year prior.
All told, there are more than 200 waterslides and 16+ million gallons of water at area waterparks, including rides such as extreme plunge slides, tube rides, racing speed slides, bowl drops, water rollercoasters, surf machines, massive wave pools, lazy rivers and tot-friendly spray pads.
The Wisconsin Dells area has more hotel rooms and lodging options than any other destination in the state, at over 8,000. There are also 20 campgrounds with nearly 3,200 sites.
With more than 400,000+ total square feet of meeting space, the community hosts everything from large conventions to business retreats.
Woodside Wisconsin Dells Center is a 90,000 square foot, column-free, multi-purpose arena. JustAgame Fieldhouse is a 57,000 square foot facility with 6 basketball and 10 volleyball courts. Woodside Sports Complex - Mauston is 245 acres with 8 all-turf baseball/softball fields. Woodside Sports Complex - Wisconsin Dells is 6 side-by-side all-turf soccer fields, encompassing over 12 acres of uninterrupted pro-grass turf, 2 college baseball fields and 2 softball fields. Poppy Waterman Ice Arena is a full size NHL hockey rink.
Foodies delight in the 90+ choices, from classic steakhouses to vegetarian to ethnic.
In the spring, temperatures average 45 degrees. In summer the average temperature is 73 degrees, although temperatures can reach into the 90's or even close to 100. In fall, the temperature cools to about 50 degrees. Winter temperatures hover around the 20 degree mark, sometimes dropping below zero, with annual snowfall averaging 30 inches. Inside the waterparks, it's always a balmy 80 degrees.
Wisconsin Dells is centrally located in the Midwest - putting you at the center of everything. Mileage from major cities:
|Des Moines, IA
||7.5 hrs (ferry = 6 hrs)
|Green Bay, WI
|Sioux Falls, SD
|St. Louis, MO
*Drive time is approximate
There are airports in Madison, Milwaukee, Chicago and Minneapolis. By car, take Interstate 90/94. Greyhound and Amtrak also have service to the area.
- Emergency Only, 911
- Lake Delton Police, Fire, Rescue/Ambulance, (608) 254-8331
- Wisconsin Dells Police, Fire, Rescue/Ambulance, (608) 253-1611
- Columbia County Sheriff, (608) 742-4166
- Sauk County Sheriff, (608) 356-4895
- State Patrol, (608) 846-8500
Non Emergency Numbers
- Lake Delton Police (608) 254-8331
- Wisconsin Dells Police (608) 253-1611
- Divine Savior Healthcare, Portage, (608) 742-4131
- Mile Bluff - Delton Family Medical Center, Lake Delton, (608) 254-5888
- Reedsburg Area Medical Center, Reedsburg, (608) 524-6487
- St. Clare Hospital, Baraboo, (608) 356-1400
- St. Clare Urgent Care - Lake Delton, (608) 254-5959
- St. Clare Urgent Care - Wisconsin Dells, (608) 253-8070