Wisconsin Spring Break Ideas for the Whole Family
Are you searching for spring break ideas for the whole family? Then prepare to be wowed by this full itinerary for a spring break in Wisconsin Dells. Of all the Midwest spring break destinations to choose from, we happen to think Wisconsin Dells is top of the list.
The Dells has long been known as the “Spring Break Capital of the Midwest” thanks to being “The Waterpark Capital of the World!®” So, with that as our starting point, let’s get into the details of what makes Wisconsin Dells one of the most popular family destinations for spring break.
Splash Big and Save Big at Waterparks in Wisconsin Dells
Any conversation about a Wisconsin Dells spring break needs to start with the area’s awesome, renowned variety of waterpark resorts. Get a taste of warmer seasons without even getting on a plane. With a range of experiences for all ages, you’ll find some of the best waterslides and rides anywhere in the world. The cherry on top are the value-centric deals.
In addition to the big savings at waterpark resorts see more and save more with Passport to Savings. This attraction discount program is your ticket to every kind of experience.
For more hotels with water activities, take a peek at this list of waterpark hotels and resorts in Wisconsin Dells.
Finally, if your spring break group is comprised of grownups who favor tranquility in beautiful settings, do be sure to check out the deals from Sand County Service Company.
Indoor Adventures for Rainy Days
- Let the kids jump around at the indoor trampoline park or take a ride on the new tiger coaster at Knuckleheads Trampoline Park · Rides · Bowling.
- Tom Foolerys Adventure Park is the indoor amusement park of every kid’s dream, with rides, go-karts, climbing wall, ropes course, laser tag, zip line and indoor Ferris Wheel.
- Spring breakers will find bowling to be a blast at Chalet Lanes & Lounge, Tom Foolerys Adventure Park, and Knuckleheads Trampoline Park · Rides · Bowling.
- The illusions performed by Rick Wilcox at his namesake Rick Wilcox Magic Theater will take your breath away.
- School may be out for spring break, but the kids can still learn a thing or two under the guise of good old-fashioned fun at the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory – Interactive Science Center.
- Booby Trap Escape Rooms and Wizard Quest attractions will have the entire family working together as a team.
- Discover the world’s oddities at Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum. Here you’ll find puzzling illusions, strange stories, and odd art you will never see anywhere else.
- Pan for your own natural gemstones from all over the world in downtown Wisconsin Dells at Dells Mining Co. – Wis Dells.
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions has a recently refreshed Spa Kalahari & Salon right on site. Relax with an expanded menu of spa treatments, including dermaplaning and cupping treatments.
- For the especially savvy spa traveler, there’s nationally acclaimed Sundara Inn & Spa.
- Freestanding day spa, Spa Serenity, in nearby Baraboo comes highly recommended by locals and visitors alike.
- Indulge in a spa day at Sun Mountain Spa, awarded South Central Wisconsin's Best of the Best 2023 for Best Tanning Salon and Favorite Esthetician.
Mix Food and Fun at these Dining Options
- Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co. specializes in fresh, piping hot pizzas with dough made fresh daily. Oh, and the paper antler hats are a draw too.
- At Buffalo Phil’s Pizza & Grille, food is delivered by miniature train. There is also a massive LEGO® Brick City on permanent display, a custom creation with nifty nods to Wisconsin Dells.
- The always delectable burger-and-a-shake is taken to new heights at B-LUX Grill & Bar. All the menu items here are crafted from scratch.
- Hot Rocks – Sear. Sizzle. Savor. Yes, that’s the name of the restaurant and it’s perfectly descriptive of the experience because you get to cook entrées to your liking on hot lava rocks.
- The menu at Lake City Social is as long as your arm and the seating is expansive too, making it a perfect spot for families.
- If you thought the MACS – Macaroni & Cheese Shop restaurants in downtown Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton were only for kids, guess again, because the menu includes nuanced flavors for parents too.
- The downtown Monk’s Bar & Grill - Wisconsin Dells is a tradition you won’t want to miss, with their signature burgers being the big draw.
- If you like food trucks, you’ll love Grateful Shed, an indoor food truck restaurant experience serving tacos, grilled cheese and cheese curds, sweet treats, and spirits for the adults.
Hidden Gems of Spring Break Shopping
If you’re loving the above list and want to add to it with more things to do in Wisconsin Dells during spring break, then the Things to Do tab on the home page is an excellent starting point.
You might have landed here if you were looking for: Spring break in the dells, Spring break in the Wisconsin dells