Midwest Spring Break Destinations to Delight the Whole Fam
Have you been searching for spring break ideas for the family but not coming up with a wow location for 2022? Then prepare to be wowed by this full itinerary for a spring break in Wisconsin Dells.
Of all the Midwest spring break destinations to choose from, we happen to think Wisconsin Dells is top of the list. Sure, we’re biased, but we can back up our assertion with ease, starting with the fact that the Dells has long been known as the “Spring Break Capital of the Midwest” thanks to being “The Waterpark Capital of the World!” So, with that as a starting point, let’s get into the details of what makes Wisconsin Dells one of the most popular family destinations for spring break.
Waterpark Resorts are Definition of Fun
To talk about Wisconsin Dells as a Midwest spring break destination we must first start the conversation by showcasing the awesomeness of the waterpark resorts. There’s a feel of the tropics without getting on a southbound plane. Plus, a range of experiences sized-right for toddlers to teens, plus you’ll find some of the best waterslides and rides of anywhere in the world. The cherry on top has to be the value-centric deals.
For more hotels with water activities, take a peek at this list.
Finally, if your spring break group is comprised of grownups who favor tranquility in beautiful settings, do be sure to check out the deals from Sand County Rentals.
Rainy Day Pursuits to Bring on the Giggles
Spa Break for the Grown-ups
Dining Options That Are Like Fun Food Events
- Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co. specializes in fresh, piping hot pizzas with dough made fresh daily. Oh, and the paper antler hats are a draw too.
- At Buffalo Phil’s Pizza & Grille, food is delivered by miniature train. There is also a massive LEGO Brick City on permanent display, a custom creation with nifty nods to Wisconsin Dells.
- Step back in time to a logging camp with a family style breakfast at Paul Bunyan’s Northwoods Cook Shanty. FYI, the buttermilk donuts are famous for a reason – they’re delicious!
- The always delectable burger-and-a-shake is taken to new heights at B-LUX Grill & Bar. All the menu items here are crafted from scratch.
- Hot Rocks – Sear. Sizzle. Savor. Yes, that’s the name of the restaurant and it’s perfectly descriptive of the experience because you get to cook entrées to your liking on hot lava rocks.
- The menu at Lake City Social is as long as your arm and the seating is expansive too, making it a perfect spot for families.
- If you thought the MACS – Macaroni & Cheese Shop restaurants in the Dells were only for kids, guess again, because the menu includes nuanced flavors for parents too.
- The downtown Monk’s Bar & Grill is a tradition you won’t want to miss, with their signature burgers being the big draw.
- If you like food trucks, you’ll love Grateful Shed, an indoor food truck restaurant experience serving tacos, grilled cheese and cheese curds, sweet treats, and spirits for the adults.
Not to Miss: Gems of Spring Break Shopping
- Outlets at the Dells has some 50 brand name stores, so best to set aside an afternoon for shopping here.
- Winnebago Gift Shop is chock-full of home décor items and those much-coveted Minnetonka moccasins.
- You’re on spring break, so don’t pass by the candy stores and fudge shops in downtown Dells without indulging a little.
- Since you have everyone together, a rare occasion for many families, why not have an old-time portrait taken at one of the downtown studios.
If you’re loving the above list and want to add to it with more things to do in Wisconsin Dells during spring break, then the Things to Do tab on the home page is an excellent starting point.