Wisconsin Dells is a summer vacation dream come true. So, it stands to reason the dining this time of year should have a summery vibe too, and not just with the menu offerings, we’re talking patio seating with a view. Here are some outdoor dining options that are as irresistible as the food.
On the Water:
1. Ravina Bay Bar & Grill, Lake Delton – Along with a tempting menu of summery drinks and dinners, you also have a great view of the beautiful Lake Delton.
2. The VUE – Waterfront Dining & Bar, Wisconsin River – Aptly named for the stunning 180-degree view of the Wisconsin River and sandstone bluffs of the Upper Dells. Dockside dining available or drive-up boat-style dining will give you access to their delicious menu without ever leaving the water.
3. River Walk Pub Food and Spirits, Wisconsin River – Go for the Friday Fish Fry, just sayin’.
4. Summer House Grill & Bar, Lake Delton – This family dining spot opening this summer Lake Delton has a rustic “Wisconsin summer house” feel to it, with a menu that features dishes made from locally sourced ingredients. Arrive by boat if you like.
5. Mexicali Rose, Kilbourn Dam – Naturally mosquito-free, who knew! The fajitas are the house specialty.
6. Margarita’s Mexican Grill at Chula Vista Resort, Wisconsin River – Hear the sound of waves from the outdoor wave pool and the Wisconsin River while you enjoy some nibbles and libations.
Bustling Street Scene:
7. High Rock Café – This café offers prime people-watching downtown. Check out the “season’s freshest” menu and choose an entrée from that list to go with the fresh air you’ll be enjoying.
8. The Keg Bar & Grill/The Patio – Here’s a little secret: The breakfast here is impressive. For an evening soiree, try a Wisconsin microbrew.
9. House of Embers – The patio seating at this supper club pairs nicely with a brandy old fashioned and their famous BBQ ribs.
10. Monk’s Bar & Grill – You have your choice of the original iconic downtown location or their second spacious restaurant at the Wilderness.
11. Grateful Shed - The full-sized food trucks, located inside, provides unique urban style dining with large garage doors that open up to the inviting outdoor space with picnic tables, yard games and fire pits.
12. Bobbers Island Grill - You’ll get a taste of the Caribbean (literally) while you dine at this easy-to-spot restaurant right off the Parkway. Kids will love the sand play area and you’ll love documenting the memories with photos on the oversized, brightly-colored Adirondack chairs.
Golf Course Backdrop:
13. Spring Brook Sports Bar and Grill – All the pub classics, like cheese curds, wings, burgers and pizza, kicked up a notch.
14. Trappers Turn Golf Club – Save room for sweets, because the dessert station at their Sunday brunch is to die for.
15. The Tavern Restaurant at Chula Vista – Sunday brunch with Eggs Benedict and a Bloody Mary. Delish.