Date Night Ideas That Couples Will Love
The kids are back in school. Time speeds up, so it’s time to slow down for a Wisconsin Dells date night, make that date getaway.
Looking for a date night destination for the two of you that will have you falling in love all over again? What if we told you Wisconsin Dells could be that place? An unexpected choice, we know, yet in all the right ways, with activities, tours, recreation, dining, and lodging that speak to romance. Time to count the ways you’ll love a Dells date night with these four itinerary ideas.
Golf and Spa Getaway: Get in those last rounds of golf before the courses close for the season. If you’re a competitive golf couple, book a tee time at Wild Rock, Trappers Turn, Cold Water Canyon, or Christmas Mountain Village Golf Course. If one or the other is looking to work on their game, Fairfield Hills Golf Course & Driving Range or Spring Brook are excellent choices. Post-golf, continue your date getaway with a spa-together treatment at one of the area spas. Choose a massage to soothe sore shoulder muscles from golfing 18, so you’ll both be feeling relaxed and ready for a great dinner.
Dining Recommendations: Wrap up your date night with fine dining at Field’s at the Wilderness and be sure to start with their lobster bisque. If you golf at Trappers Turn, take a table at their clubhouse, where the menu is on a par with your favorite fine dining restaurant.
For Foodie Couples: You’ve been to culinary capitals, now try an under-the-radar foodie experience in the waterpark capital. There are six different wineries in the area, each with their own distinct take on the nectar of the gods. At Wollersheim Winery, they continue the traditions that date to the 1840s, so be sure to make a stop here. There’s a deliciously tempting lineup of October events in Wisconsin Dells, including the Dells on Tap Weekend Oct. 14-15. Pick up cheese from Market Square Cheese and Carr Valley Cheese and sweets from the downtown confectionaries.
Dining Recommendations: Slow down during your date night with a leisurely dinner at The Del-Bar restaurant with its excellent wine cellar; House of Embers, where you can ask for a private booth (hint – this is a favorite place for popping the question); or Sarento’s, where Italian food and amore go hand-in-hand.
Outdoor Adventures the Two of You Will Embrace: Handholding is allowed when you hike the trails at the four nearby state parks – Devil’s Lake, Mirror Lake, Rocky Arbor, and Roche-A-Cri. Under a bright October sun and with a kaleidoscope of fall colors as the backdrop, do some kayaking on Mirror Lake or one of the quiet inlets on the Wisconsin River. Or sit back and relax during a scenic Wisconsin River tour from Dells Boat Tours. Finally, there are four zipline outfitters to zip over the treetops and if you want to try cliff climbing, book a guided eco-tour at Vertical Illusions.
Dining Recommendations: If you’re a fan of island cuisine, there’s Bobbers Island Grill where, they have heaters and fire pits outside to keep your warm. The nanobrews and shareable plates at Latte Stone Brewing Co. are a nod to the owner’s Guam heritage. Grab a brew and cozy up next to a fireplace in the beer garden.
Waterpark Rush Isn’t Just for Kids: Ask about reserving an indoor cabana at the waterpark of your choice, some even come with your own private hot tub. Order a drink from your server or find your way to an indoor swim-up bar and pretend you’re in the tropics. The indoor/outdoor hot tubs are a must, no matter what time of year. And don’t think waterslides are just for kids. Ride the water rollercoaster together at Chula Vista Resort. Try the trapdoor plunge slides at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions. Bob along on the waves at the largest indoor wave pool in America at the Wilderness Resort. Scream in unison as you slide backwards and forwards on the new rotating waterslide at Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park.
Dining Recommendations: For a “wow” dining experience, visit Double Cut Steakhouse at Kalahari Resort or Kaminski’s Chop House at Chula Vista Resort. You’ll be giddy with just how good the meals are at these restaurants, and neither one skimps on the serving sizes.
Where to Stay:
- The VUE – A Boutique Hotel is perched on a quiet bend of the Wisconsin River just outside the downtown district. Make a note to try their restaurant with its stunning views of the water.
- Sundara Inn & Spa is a nationally acclaimed, adults-only destination spa set back in a fragrant pine forest on the outskirts of Wisconsin Dells.
- A cozy red cabin at Island Pointe Resort on Lake Delton just sounds so romantic.
- Choose from a variety of home rentals from Sand County Vacation Rentals for more of a Airbnb-style type of lodging.
- The waterpark resorts list suites, condos, and villas in their lodging choices, so take your pick based on the amenities you enjoy most.
But What About the Nightlife?:
No matter the getaway you choose, keep the fun going late into the evening with stops at any of these establishments, sure to be the cherry on top of a fun, adult-focused getaway.
- Be each other’s good luck charm as you play some of the table games at Ho-Chunk Gaming, Wisconsin Dells.
- Dance the night away with your significant other at The Reef night club or Grateful Shed where you can’t help but move to the playlist of the DJ’s.
- Downtown Wisconsin Dells comes alive at night so take your pick from the number of fun bars, like Showboat Saloon, or pop into Kilbourn Cork a premium wine bar with a great whiskey selection too.
- Combine live entertainment with craft cocktails at Redd’s Piano Bar where you’ll be entertained in a lounge-style atmosphere.