There have been early sightings of fluffy bunnies, jelly beans, and eggs a-plenty, all under pastel-hued skies in Wisconsin Dells and all in anticipation of the Easter holiday. Hop ahead for planning ideas.
Egg-cellent Ideas for an Easter Getaway
April is such a happy time to hop away to the Dells for a family vacation, with so many local businesses offering lovely children’s activities, overnight packages, brunches and, of course, sweet treats. See which of these Easter happenings would delight your family.
Easter Activities at the Waterpark Resorts
If you’ve been to Wisconsin Dells, you know just how much the waterpark resorts love to celebrate holidays. There are overnight deals and dining specials for Easter to help you welcome in the spring season.
- Wilderness Resort: Your kiddos will be spoiled for choice at this resort. We’re talking Easter-themed crafts, cookie decorating, a peep scavenger hunt, a “Hop the Bunny Trail” adventure with goodies at various locations around the resort, Easter bingo, and Easter-themed movie nights. On Easter Sunday, April 17th, partake of the Easter egg hunt and make sure the children get their picture taken with the Easter Bunny, then sit down to their sumptuous Easter brunch.
- Chula Vista Resort: This resort leaves no egg unturned when it comes to planning for the Easter holiday. They’re offering room decorating to add just the right Easter flair to your stay and their Sunday brunch is irresistible.
- Great Wolf Lodge: This toddler-favorite waterpark destination has a cheery spring vibe going throughout April. There are spring arts and crafts, games, yoga, and storytime to entertain the little ones, plus onsite dining to make the getaway extra relaxing and fun for the grown-ups.
- Kalahari Resorts and Conventions: The Easter brunch here is legendary, and there’s even a separate children’s buffet. Brunch reservations may be made online. For accommodations, choose from a wide variety of suites and villas, with the largest units ideal when vacationing with extended family and friends.
- Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park: A cleverly themed Spring Wonderland awaits families in the indoor theme park at this resort, transformed for Easter and featuring appearances by the Easter Bunny and cookie decorating too. Overnight stays include free admission to the indoor water park.
Best Brunch Spots for Families
Trappers Turn Golf Club puts on a scrumptious brunch every Sunday, but really outdoes itself for Easter. Be sure to come hungry and pace yourself given all the choices – a carving station with ham, turkey and prime rib complemented by fresh fruit, salads, breakfast classics including pancakes and eggs benedict, and a dessert table filled with Easter cupcakes and carrot cake. Reservations are recommended – just call 608-253-7000. Another favorite is Paul Bunyan’s Northwoods Cook Shanty, with fluffy eggs, biscuits, pancakes, and sausages served family style, to say nothing of the famous buttermilk donuts.
Easter Egg-Stravaganza Hunt in Downtown Dells
The Easter Bunny surely must be pleased to know that nearly 25 businesses in the Dells downtown district are participating in the annual Egg-Stravaganza Hunt, set for Saturday, April 9th from 10 AM to 4:30 PM. It’s a scavenger hunt with many sweet returns for all the little ones who spot Peter Rabbit.
Fill Your Easter Baskets with These Sweets
- Chocolate-dipped sandwich cookies from Swiss Maid Fudge for the kids and English toffee with sea salt for the grown-ups.
- Marshmallow caramels from Wisconsin Dairyland Fudge come in two flavors – vanilla and chocolate.
- Choose a variety of fudge flavors at Original Wisconsin Dells Fudge, with peanut butter fudge and maple nut fudge sure to please the sweet tooths in your fluffle.
- At Kernel Popcorn’s Factory, the confetti popcorn featuring 12 fruity flavors looks like a jelly bean assortment in popcorn form.
- This last entry is a “must-visit” in our book – it’s Goody Goody Gum Drop, the largest candy store in Wisconsin Dells. Fill Easter baskets with every Jelly Belly and saltwater taffy flavor under the rainbow.
More family vacation deals are just a hop, make that click away.