Dining Options in Wisconsin Dells
Curating a list of places to eat in Wisconsin Dells is not without its challenges, albeit tasty challenges, considering there are some 100+ restaurants to choose from. How do you choose?
Allow us to serve up a list of some of the best places to eat in Wisconsin Dells right now, conveniently divided into three categories: Best for Kids, Best for Grown-ups, and Best for Both. Read to the end of the story for news on new eateries you’ll want to try too. Time to dig in!
Best for Kids
Boy oh boy, can kids be picky eaters. Good thing Wisconsin Dells restaurant proprietors know how to satisfy even the pickiest among the group, with menus that include all their favorites. Here are some of the classic kid-friendly spots in Wisconsin Dells.
- Let’s start with Mr. Pancake. Beloved by many for their long-standing family recipes spanning from French toast, waffles, blintzes, egg specialties, and of course - pancakes. And thanks to a recent refresh of the interior, parents will love the new barista bar serving up delicious coffee drinks.
- Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co. is known for its handcrafted pizzas, with the dough made fresh daily. Their kids’ menu is impressive, and how can you go wrong when everyone gets to wear silly antler hats while they eat. Parents, their microbrews are the perfect sip to go with the pizza.
- If your kids love Legos (OK, silly stipulation) Buffalo Phil’s Pizza & Grille has to be on your list of restaurants to visit. They have a huge, and we do mean huge, Lego brick city right in the dining room that wows kids and grown-ups alike. Oh, and food is delivered to your table by miniature train. It goes without saying the food is delicious too. Our menu tip is to try the rotisserie chicken.
- The ultimate comfort food for kids – you know where we’re going with this – has to be gooey macaroni and cheese. MACS – Macaroni and Cheese Shop earns “best of the best” in this menu category, with varieties to please the palates of mac and cheese lovers of all ages. Two locations to choose from.
- The secret pizza sauce at Pizza Pub is what landed this restaurant on the list. That, and the 50-item soup, salad, and pizza bar. If pasta is more to your kids’ liking, order the spaghetti with homemade meatballs or cheese tortellini.
Best for Grown-ups
Grown-ups traveling without kids are always pleasantly surprised at the array of fine dining establishments in the area. For twosomes or groups of friends, the best places to eat in Wisconsin Dells often include a supper club or steakhouse.
- Del-Bar, family-run since 1943, is supper club dining at its best. Start with an old-fashioned cocktail at the bar and oysters on the half shell, then sit down to an incredible meal of baked French onion soup, a prime aged steak or seafood, spinach salad, potatoes of your choice, and homemade rolls. Save room for dessert, with the strawberry schaum torte always a favorite.
- House of Embers is another supper club standout, dating to 1959. Couples, ask for a booth for two and here’s why: The booths have a charm of their own and are themed to classic movies stars. Then order their house specialty, hickory smoked barbecued ribs.
- For a romantic dinner with a view of the Wisconsin River, make reservations at Kaminski’s Chop House. Remember to come hungry as the portions here are legendary.
- The lobster bisque at Field’s at the Wilderness is non-negotiable as a starter to your steak of choice. The same can be said of the Trio of Crème Brulée dessert. The vibe here is retro modern, which makes sense, given it was designed by a protégé of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Double Cut Steakhouse is defined by modern décor, a sophisticated ambiance, and a mouthwatering steak menu. They have a new sushi menu too. Stick around for live entertainment at Redd’s Piano Bar where the wine list is impressive.
- For lunch, High Rock Café, with a view of downtown Dells is a local favorite stop. Order the sauteed shrimp sandwich known as The Soprano.
- For breakfast (yes, breakfast), The Keg Bar & Grill. The breakfast platters are all deliciously filling.
Best for Both
If you’re traveling with tweens or teens, restaurant selection can get a bit tricky. We recommend these places to eat in Wisconsin Dells where menus are a little elevated but not too much.
- Enjoy an island inspired atmosphere at Bobbers Island Grill. Kids can color on the tables while you wait for your Caribbean style cuisine to arrive from the kitchen.
- Grateful Shed is a fun indoor food truck experience that is just as fun to look at as it is to eat at. Tacos, pizza, grilled cheese, and sweet treats can all be found at this quirky eatery.
- There’s plenty of space to spread out at Monk’s Bar & Grill at the Wilderness. Pair burgers with their white cheddar cheese curds, and the kids will be happily munching away.
- Sarento’s Italian Restaurant for all your favorite pasta dishes – lasagna, linguini, cannelloni, fettuccini, gnocchi, and eggplant parmesan to name a few.
- B-LUX Grill & Bar for burgers, fries, and shakes (grown-ups can ask for the boozy version of the ice cream drinks).
- Here’s one of the more unique places to eat in Wisconsin Dells – Hot Rocks, serving up a tiki-style dining experience where diners get to prepare their food to their liking on hot lava rocks right at the table. Even the teens will think this is a cool experience. Share a fudge volcano dessert.
For a complete list of all Dells-area restaurants click here.
You might have landed here if you were looking for: Places to eat in the Wisconsin dells, The Wisconsin dells places to eat, Restaurants in the Wisconsin dells