Wisconsin Dells Offers Romantic Hotels, Restaurants, and Couples Getaway Options
Wisconsin Dells is known for family vacations. But did you know it’s also the perfect couples getaway destination?
The area has more romantic experiences per square mile than any destination in Wisconsin. Between the beautiful Dells of the Wisconsin River and the rugged Driftless area, Wisconsin Dells offers couples a combination of luxury and natural beauty. Here are a few of the area’s most romantic hotels and restaurants, as well as several other activities and attractions of interest to lovebirds.
Romantic Resorts and Hotels
Wisconsin Dells is home to some of the state’s most luxurious resorts. These include waterparks, spas, shopping, multiple dining options, golf courses, and waterfront access. A wide range of hotels are also available, as well as condos, vacation rental homes and pet-friendly options.
Find resort deals by searching “stay” on our Wisconsin Dells Deals page.
For the ultimate privacy, check out the cabins in Wisconsin Dells. Whether you are tucked into the woods or overlooking riverside canyons, you and your partner will be in your own little world. Take a winter stroll, watch for eagles, then head back to your cabin to warm up by the fireplace.
If you’re looking to rent a cabin for your romantic getaway in Wisconsin Dells, check out our full list of cozy Wisconsin Dells cabins.
From supper clubs to steakhouses, Wisconsin Dells offers many options for “foodie” travelers. Here are six romantic restaurants that feature a great wine list, delicious entrées, special desserts, and a charming atmosphere.
- The Del-Bar – This iconic supper club has been a staple for over 75 years. Make it a night out. Start with a cocktail at the bar and ending the evening with a dessert.
- Double Cut Steak House – The modern vibe here pairs nicely with the classic menu of steaks and seafood. Enjoy a craft cocktail at a table, booth or stool in Redd's Piano Bar located next door.
- Field’s at the Wilderness – Instead of getting a table, cozy up together at the bar and share your favorite appetizers. Take in the Frank Lloyd Wright style architecture that flows throughout the restaurant.
- House of Embers –If you’re looking to pop the question, ask for the Omar Shariff room, site to some 500 proposals!
- Kaminski’s Chop House – The treetop view to the Wisconsin River is stunning. Ask about their “dinner for two” date night specials.
Treat Yourself to a Spa Day in Wisconsin Dells
For the ultimate romantic getaway, treat your partner to a couples’ spa experience. Options range from luxurious day spas and resort spas to a five-star overnight destination spa. Each has a unique set of pampering treatments ideal for a couples getaway. You’ll leave Wisconsin Dells feeling refreshed!
For a spa-focused getaway, Sundara Inn & Spa is adults-only. Relax with indoor and outdoor heated pools, massages and facials, chef-prepared cuisine, fitness and wellness classes, and quiet relaxation spaces.
Looking for other options? Look no further! Check out our guide to Wisconsin Dells’ wonderful day spas and resort spas.
Hiking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing (or ziplining) in one of the area’s parks or recreation areas is a perfect prelude to food, fireplaces, and romantic evening activities back at the lodge! Browse the area’s state parks and other secluded hiking spots.
For those who’d love to see the Dells of the Wisconsin River, the Scenic River Walk offers lookout points and photo opportunities within blocks of the city’s famous downtown.
Artisan Wineries and Breweries
The Wisconsin Dells area is home to six distinct wineries:
- Wollersheim Winery & Distillery is Wisconsin’s oldest and largest winery. Their wines and spirits are made from start to finish with an emphasis on Wisconsin ingredients. Tours of the grounds and tastings are offered daily!
- Balanced Rock Winery is located near Devil’s Lake State Park, not far from a rock formation of the same name. This pet-friendly winery offers free tastings daily. You can sip on your drink of choice while enjoying some live music.
- Baraboo Bluff Winery – This family-owned winery offers panoramic views of the Baraboo Bluffs.
- Broken Bottle Winery is nearer to most Dells resorts and restaurants. “You don’t have to be fancy” to enjoy wine at this pet-friendly, county feel winery! Not a wine drinker? There is a small selection of beer here too. Enjoy live music every Saturday.
- Set on 36 acres of wooded area, Fawn Creek Winery offers live music. In fact, it has been voted “best venue” by WAMI (Wisconsin Area Music Industry) three times!
- Prairie Hawk Winery is in the heart of farm country outside of Wisconsin Dells and specializes in traditional varieties plus ciders and meads.
- Dells Trolley Tours offers a 6-hour winery experience tour, as well as a 3.5-hour express tour. They also offer a 3.5-hour craft brewery tour.
The Wisconsin Dells area is also a magnet for lovers of craft beer. Local brewers include:
You might have landed here if you were looking for: romantic hotels in the dells, couples getaway in the dells