The VUE – Waterfront Dining & Bar
Rather than ranking (because, let’s be honest, the breakfasts here are all delish in their own way), we decided to feature breakfast joints based on tasty attributes. We’ll leave it up to you to decide the best breakfast in the Dells.
- Summertime Tradition: Oh, Mr. Pancake, how we’ve missed you since last year. This classic breakfast spot is open May through October and is owned by the Thompson family. We feel confident in proclaiming they have the best pancakes in Wisconsin Dells. Try the strawberry buttermilk pancakes or go off script and order the very popular hot fudge banana split waffle. Both are piled high with pure yumminess.
- Famous: Paul Bunyan’s Northwoods Cook Shanty, serving March through October, is famous for its family-style breakfasts and its irresistible buttermilk donuts dredged in sugar. The atmosphere here is one of a lumber camp cook shanty.
- Mom & Pop: BJ’s Restaurant has been slinging hearty breakfasts for 40 years. Howie’s Restaurant, another longtime favorite, is open February through November and is home to the famous Howie’s Huge Breakfast. Stuff’s Restaurant, family owned and operated since 1966, has made its mark serving comfort food. All three get a checkmark in the good value column too.
- Breakfast at a B&B: “Breakfast” is the other “B” in B&B and the innkeepers in Wisconsin Dells never disappoint. Try the tasty homecooked breakfast delivered right to your cabin at Oak Hill Bed and Breakfast. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast and awe-inspiring views at the villa-style Inn at Wawanissee Point. Stay at the historic Ringling House B&B with ties to the Ringling Brothers Circus family and munch on dishes made with local and organic ingredients.
Oak Hill Bed and Breakfast
- Breakfast Places in Wisconsin Dells That Are Unexpected: Two restaurants known more as hoppin’ night spots also serve breakfast – The Keg Bar & Grill and River’s Edge Pub & Grub. At The Keg, wash down a house-made corned beef hash breakfast platter with a Bloody Mary. At River’s Edge, build your own three-egg omelet and add extra cheddar cheese if you like. Additionally, Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Company is best known for their pizza and brews, but on the weekends, they serve breakfast and their menu includes a nice variety of items geared to grown-ups as well as kid favorites.
- Breakfast with a View: Who doesn’t love to start their day with coffee by the water? Bella Goose Coffee – Café on the River serves craft coffee, espresso drinks, fresh-pressed juices, and smoothies. Pair with a trademark scone baked fresh daily along with more hearty breakfast items. They do a terrific job of highlighting local farms and local artisans. The VUE – Waterfront Dining & Bar gives the first meal of the day an upscale feel with floor to ceiling windows that look out over the Wisconsin River.
- New and Indulgent: Dells Bistro in downtown Dells has gourmet waffles on the menu – the Nutella banana sounds delicious - plus bagel and croissant sandwiches.
- Sunday Brunch: Trappers Turn Golf Club is where the locals go for Sunday brunch – one visit and you’ll understand why. High Rock Café is another local’s favorite, recently adding an impressive brunch menu to their offerings.
- Comfort Food at a Great Value: The Wintergreen Grille bills its breakfast buffet as the most affordable in the Dells and features favorite comfort foods like buttermilk pancakes and eggs prepared to your liking.
- Places to Eat Breakfast in Wisconsin Dells at the Waterpark Resorts: We encourage you to give the eateries at the waterparks a try for breakfast. There’s Camp Social at the Wilderness Resort, with its all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. For those needing an extra caffeine jolt later in the day, there are coffee shops sprinkled throughout the resort. At Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, try Java Manjaro for fresh-baked pastries and your favorite coffee drinks or the Ivory Coast Lounge eatery with a menu a mile long (the Benedicts look especially good, as does the S’mores French Toast). Sweet tooths will love the Bear Paw Sweets & Eats at Great Wolf Lodge and parents can get an espresso to keep up with the kids’ sugar rush. At Chula Vista Resort the Kilbourn City Grill has everything you could want to start your day or, if you’re in a rush, try the Market Fresh To-Go for coffee and homemade baked goods.
Bella Goose Coffee – Café on the River