Tourist Attractions in Wisconsin Dells You’ll Want to Know About
Summer fun is really heating up in the “Waterpark Capital of the World!®” Which is precisely what inspired us to post this story on some of the cool things to do in Wisconsin Dells. Buckle in for a very entertaining read!
When we started compiling ideas for this story, it didn’t take long to get to 15 recommendations of cool places in Wisconsin Dells. And honestly, we could have gone on for much longer! Moms, dads, kids, grandparents, friends, solo travelers, we’ve included ideas for all of you.
Cool Things to Do in Wisconsin Dells
- Be Among the First to Ride the New Rotating Waterslide at Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park: Of course, we’re going to start with a waterslide. Medusa’s Slidewheel is the first rotating waterslide in the U.S. and, trust us, it’s worth the hype. It stands 80 feet tall and spins three full rotations every minute as riders slide forwards and backwards while experiencing g-force and airtime.
- Tour the Wisconsin River: Whether you climb aboard an amphibious vehicle known as a Duck, jet boat, wave runner, or cruise boat, your tour of the meandering Wisconsin River with remarkable sandstone cliffs shadowing the shoreline will be one to remember.
- Embrace the Interactive: Families who play together, stay together. So stick together as you solve the mysteries at Wizard Quest, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Museum, Booby Trap Escape Rooms, and the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory – Interactive Science Center.
- Have Big Fun with Mini Golf: Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf offers five different courses, incredible landscaping courtesy of 30,000 plants, waterfalls, and great putting greens. Over at Timber Falls Adventure Park, cool off in the shade during your family mini-golf competition.
- Pose for an Old-Time Photo: An old-timey photograph will put a smile on your face every time you look up at it. Get gussied up in costumes at Old Abe’s, Capone’s, or Prof. Porter’s old time portrait studios.
- Zipline Superhero-style: OK, calling all you zipline fans. Gather your like-minded friends and try the face-down superhero-style zipline at Dells Zipline Adventures. To round out your trip, do some zipping at BigFoot Zipline Tours, Wilderness Canyon Zip Line Canopy Tour, and Vertical Illusions Zipline, Kayak & Rock Climbing Guided Adventures too.
- Ride the Roller Coasters: Roller coaster aficionados, you will find every style of ride to get your adrenaline peaking at Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park, including roller coasters with upside down loops and tracks that take you underground.
- Go Go-karting: Did you know there are indoor go-kart tracks in the Dells? Check them out at Knuckleheads and Tom Foolerys Adventure Park. Outdoors, race around the tracks at ADare Go-Carts, Big Chief Go Karts, and Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park.
- Visit an Animal Attraction: Wisconsin Deer Park is the animal attraction every member of the family should experience at least once. Here you can feed and pet the gentle deer. At Timbavati Wildlife Park, there are two new red pandas to see.
- Head to the Circus: See a show under the Big Top at Circus World and be amazed by the collection of restored antique circus wagons displayed here.
- Jump and Twirl: Bounce around the trampoline park at Knuckleheads Trampoline Park Rides Bowling or take a ride on a 6-story indoor Ferris wheel at Tom Foolerys Adventure Park.
- Enjoy the Show: The grand illusions at the Rick Wilcox Magic Theater are just that – grand! Families, go old school when you pile in the car and take in a double feature at Big Sky Twin Drive-In Theater.
- Pan for Gems: Dells Mining Co., with two locations in the Dells, lets kids pan for natural gemstone from all over the world. It’s a great bargain for the bling.
- Hitch Up a Horse: Get the family out on horseback at an area stable such as Canyon Creek, Woodside Ranch, or Red Ridge Ranch Riding Stable. If you prefer a carriage to a saddle, there’s the Lost Canyon Tour, where you ride in a horse-drawn carriage through a magnificent mile of cliff-walled gorges.
- Shop the Downtown District: Minnetonka moccasins for the whole family, check. Treats to satisfy every sweet tooth, check. Resort wear for the waterparks, check. Souvenirs, check and double check. The “cool” vibe really comes to life at dusk so make sure to come back at least once to experience the sights, smells and sounds of downtown Dells in the evening.
5 Cool Places to Eat in Wisconsin Dells
- Eat on Lava Stones: At Hot Rocks – Sear. Sizzle. Savor you’ll cook your food on lava stones heated to 750 degrees Fahrenheit. Order the volcanic punch bowl and share with 2-3 friends.
- Order from Food Trucks: Grateful Shed brings the “cool” before you even step inside. This trendy spot will have you snapping pictures left and right while you wait for your food. Grab a beer flight from the bar, served to you on a skateboard.
- Train Delivered Food: A favorite among the young ones, Buffalo Phil’s Pizza & Grille will deliver your food and drinks via miniature train. Be sure to check out the giant Lego brick city in the middle of the restaurant before you leave.
- You’re on Island Time: You’ll find a taste of the Caribbean at Bobbers Island Grill. The food profiles are just as fun as the atmosphere. Go for the gator bites!
- Lumberjack Size Meals: Reminiscent of a logging camp, Paul Bunyan’s Northwoods Cook Shanty serves up family-style dining complete with fresh sugar-coated buttermilk donuts.