Buckle up, this is going to be an exhilarating read, as we launch into the big reveal of what’s new for 2020, kicking things off with this list of 10.
There’s one time of year when everyone in Wisconsin Dells, and we do mean everyone, gets super excited to be part of the tourism community, and that time is now! The reason? This is the month we unveil all that’s new for the year. While the list is long this year – yay for that! – we decided to peel off 10 items that deserve a spot on your 2020 bucket list whether you’re a Dells newbie or a super fan. Here goes:
- A new indoor aerial adventure is coming to the Wilderness Resort this summer. Take Flight Wilderness Aerial Adventure Ride is a three-story flying theater that will have you soaring above some of the most beautiful landmarks in the country. Prefer to keep your feet on the ground? Lost Cabin is a new laser tag experience that can also be found at Wilderness Resort this year.
- Virtual reality goes underwater with the new technology at Kalahari Resorts & Conventions. Explore ocean creatures in the indoor waterpark, with prior experience using a snorkel recommended. This VR experience is a first in the U.S. Head to dry land, also known as Tom Foolerys Adventure Park, to try the new Skeeter’s Sky Flyers interactive trampoline game.
- The International Crane Foundation reopens June 27 after a $10 million renovation. It’s the only place in the world where you can see all 15 species of cranes. The Foundation’s mission is to conserve cranes and the ecosystems on which they depend, an especially poignant cause during this, the 50th anniversary year of Earth Day.
- Sole Moccasins & More in downtown Dells, opening this spring, is going to be the shopping spot for Minnetonka moccasins and, well, more!
- Test your skills and compare scores with friends at Asgard Axe Throwing or DEZ Tactical Arms Indoor Shooting Range.
- Camp Social, a new restaurant at the Wilderness Resort, has a food-hall feel and a campy rec room area. The Burger Bar and Candy Cabin are both worth ditching the diet for, as least temporarily.
- Balanced Rock Winery is a new boutique winery on the doorstep of Devil’s Lake State Park. Tip: Pair a glass of wine with tasty nibbles from their shareable plates menu. This winery has a pet-friendly patio, so bring Fido.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites is the newest hotel on the block and invites guests to settle in and enjoy their amenities, including an indoor pool and free breakfast every morning. Staybridge Suites Wisconsin Dells - Lake Delton also features an indoor pool plus gazebo with grill and social hours during the week, both are ready to take your reservation.
- Lots of anniversaries worth celebrating. Original Wisconsin Ducks is 75, as is the Black Hawk Motel & Suites. Yogi Bear Camp-Resort & Water Playground is 50. Dells Mining Company on the parkway is 30. And Dells Bells Wedding Chapel is 15. Bring on the cake and candles!
- Need caffeine to get through all nine above? Start at Bella Goose Coffee – Café on the River, where they roast their coffee beans in small baths to bring out the nuances of each origin.
Clearly, “The Waterpark Capital of the World!®” does not disappoint!