Surprise, It’s Dells for Grown-ups
Did you do a doubletake reading that headline? Understandable, given the Dells is known the world over as one of the top kid-centric vacation destinations. Yet, grown-ups flock here too, with the growing popularity among the more mature crowd having everything to do with all the things for adults to do in Wisconsin Dells.
You needn’t be a meteorologist to know the indoors is where it’s at right now for couples and groups of friends vacationing in the Midwest. Hoping this list of Wisconsin Dells activities for adults will surprise and delight you. We kick it off with five ideas for Wisconsin Dells adult fun.
- Play at a Waterpark Of course we had to start with this entry. After all, some of the best things to do in Wisconsin Dells for adults involve indoor waterparks. Ride the extreme rides all day long, getting in touch with your inner child. Then enjoy amenities created with grown-ups in mind, such as the indoor private whirlpool cabanas available for reservation at Kalahari Resort. Don’t overlook the swim-up bars either at both of these resorts. Don’t overlook the swim-up bars either at both resorts.
- Interactive Gaming Exercise your brain and work together to solve clues and make your way through some of the area’s most state-of-the-art interactive gaming exhibits. Wizard Quest is the newest and caters to adults with two bars on-site so you can take a break between realms and brainstorm your next moves. Or try your luck at Booby Trap Escape Rooms where critical thinking and teamwork will bring you closer together. Then explore virtual reality at VR Universe where you can choose multi-player games and navigate another dimension of reality side by side.
- Throw an Axe Get coached in the art of axe throwing at Asgard Axe and Tap. Or go one better and book the party package, which includes one hour of axe throwing plus unlimited all-day fun at their underworld arcade full of retro games. Share a specialty pizza while expounding on your newfound axe-throwing skills.
- Swing a Golf Club No, you can’t play Wisconsin Dells’ championship courses in the snow, but you can keep your putt in line with a game of indoor mini-golf to hold you over until the spring thaw. Both the Wilderness Resort and the Kalahari Resort have indoor mini-golf courses. This could get competitive!
- Win Big at the Casino Ho-Chunk Gaming in Wisconsin Dells is a slice of Vegas, complete with blackjack, craps, slots, and bingo. Lots of promotions are listed on their website too. Don’t leave (with your winnings) until you’ve dined at their Stand Rock Café and enjoyed a libation at their Spirit Bar.
Now let’s slow it down with these five relaxing Wisconsin Dells adult activities.
- Sip and Sample Wisconsin Dells is home to six distinct wineries, so you could actually turn this trip into a full-fledged winery tour. The historic Wollersheim Winery also has a distillery you’ll want to experience. For craft beer fans, head to Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co., Latte Stone Brewing Co., Tumbled Rock Brewery, or the Al. Ringling Brewing Co.
- Wind Down at the Spa If you’re staying at the Kalahari Resort or Chula Vista Resort, stroll to their on-site spas for an afternoon of relaxation. Sundara Inn & Spa is an adults-only destination spa with a full complement of spa amenities including indoor and outdoor pools heated year-round, massages and facials, chef-prepared cuisine, fitness and wellness classes, and quiet relaxation spaces.
- Make Dinner a Special Occasion Take one evening and dedicate it to a slowed-down fine dining experience. Wisconsin Dells is home to supper clubs including Del-Bar and House of Embers that have followings all their own. Start with an old-fashioned cocktail and finish with an indulgent dessert. Field’s at the Wilderness, Kaminski’s Chop House, and Double Cut Steakhouse are also stellar choices.
- Shop for Items to Remind You of Your Getaway If you and your significant other enjoy antiquing, then you’ll love the Wisconsin Dells Antique & Craft Mall. Be prepared to browse more than 250 dealers showcasing their inventory here. In other words, there are sure to be items of interest for both the beginner and advanced collector. Select a wood décor item at Watson’s Woods to display in your home. Shop for matching Minnetonka moccasins at the Winnebago Gift Shop. And surely, you’ll want to make a stop at Outlets at the Dells before heading home.
- Do Nothing at All We give you permission to simply relax and do nothing at all when you stay at an area cabin or cottage. Cedar Lodge and Settlement and River’s Edge Resort both overlook the Wisconsin River. On Lake Delton, rent a classic red cabin at Island Pointe Resort or turn to Sand County Vacation Rentals for a wide selection of cottages on the lake. Keep your most strenuous activities to board games and watching the big game and be sure to catch up on sleep so you can return home feeling rejuvenated.
We could go on and on, but best to direct you to this website tab that covers all the things for adults to do in Wisconsin Dells.