Wisconsin Dells Food - Fan Favorites
What is the best food in Wisconsin Dells? It’s a delicious question with lots of yummy answers. Read on for recommendations covering breakfast to dinner to dessert.
When visitors ask us for recommendations on Wisconsin Dells food, our first question back is, “What do you like?” After all, you can find just about anything you’re looking for in Wisconsin Dells. Now mind you, this is just a sampling of the best food in the Dells as enjoyed by visitors and locals alike, given the community is home to some 100 eateries. But at least it’s a tasty start.
Wisconsin Dells is made for family vacations, so this wasn’t the easiest list to narrow down, but here are four that are definitely kid-approved.
- MACS – Macaroni and Cheese Shop: You’re in Wisconsin, so get cheesy, with a delicious variety of mac and cheese house recipes on the menu at MACS. The ultimate comfort food is a hit with kids and grown-ups too.
- Buffalo Phil’s Pizza & Grille: Food is delivered by miniature train right to your table. There is a massive LEGO® brick city display smack dab in the middle of the restaurant.
- Moosejaw Pizza & Dells Brewing Co.: Perfect for large family groups and the pizza dough is made fresh daily. Plus, those antler paper hats are so darn cute.
- B-LUX Bar & Grill: Over-the-top shakes here will make little eyes wide with excitement.
This category caters to twosomes looking for a special night out.
- Del-Bar: Celebrating its 80th anniversary this year. Do try the Ruby Jubilee Martini created just for the anniversary and the perennial favorite Shrimp de Jonghe as starters.
- Field’s at the Wilderness: A premier steak house where oysters on the half shell, lobster bisque, and BBQ ribs also grace the menu.
- Ishnala Supper Club: Perched above Mirror Lake, this is a dining destination beloved by generations. Start with a Brandy Old Fashioned cocktail before choosing between steak, lobster, or both. Open seasonally.
- Kaminski’s Chop House: The menu is as spectacular as the view of the Wisconsin River. Portions are made for sharing. Save room for dessert if you can.
- House of Embers: Many a couple have gotten engaged here. Famous for their ribs and homemade desserts.
- Double Cut Steak House: This contemporary steakhouse is for those who like a lounge-style environment, high energy bar, and high-end menu.
- Monk’s Bar & Grill: The original Monkburger started it all.
- River Walk Pub Food and Spirits: This pub overlooks the Upper Dells of the Wisconsin River and is a great spot for a friends’ get-together.
- The Keg Bar & Grill: Try the Friday Fish Fry washed down with an ice cold tap beer.
- Wisconsin Brew Pub: The cheese curd burger allows you to indulge your love of all things Wisconsin.
- Brat House Grill: Set in a former church, the menu features German-style brats and sausages. For those with a big appetite, the German Sampler platter is for you.
- Mr. Pancake: This is a breakfast tradition not to be missed. The pancake batters are made fresh daily using a secret family recipe. The Belgian waffles are wonderful too.
- Bella Goose Coffee: This café on the Wisconsin River will satisfy the coffee snob and the foodie.
- Paul Bunyan’s Northwoods Cook Shanty: Serving up a family-style breakfast that includes their famous buttermilk donuts.
- BJ’s Restaurant: The menu features fluffy pancakes, hearty homemade biscuits and gravy, and delectable French toast.
Modern Casual Restaurants
- High Rock Café: The creative modern cuisine and signature cocktails taste even better when enjoyed on the outdoor street-level patio.
- The District: The views of the Wisconsin River from this hip downtown restaurant with a menu that features fresh curated bites are second to none.
- Grateful Shed: Choose from a variety of food trucks parked indoors, then retreat to the outdoor patio for music after dark.
- Summer House Grill & Bar: Come by boat to the dock of this Lake Delton restaurant and head straight to the outdoor seating area. Dishes are prepared using locally sourced ingredients.
- The Boathouse: Located in The VUE hotel, the sunset views of the Wisconsin River from the outdoor dining area are spectacular, as is the menu that includes steaks, seafood, and pasta.
Best for Dessert
Get your taste buds dancing when you peruse the full list of Wisconsin Dells restaurants.
You might have landed here if you were looking for: best food in the wisconsin dells, the wisconsin dells best food, food in the dells