If you’re in winter vacation planning mode and looking for Wisconsin Dells kid friendly restaurants, you’re in luck, because this story provides a rundown of family dining options to please even the pickiest eaters. Let’s make meals one more highlight of your visit.
Wisconsin Dells Restaurants That Score Big with Families
Eating out is such a big part of any vacation, but especially during family getaways. Parents can leave the cooking (and the clean-up) to someone else. Kids get to order their favorites. And you get to bond over quality conversation and yummy food. Good thing there are loads of Wisconsin Dells kid friendly restaurants to choose from. Come with an appetite!
Family Dining at the Waterpark Resorts
No need to leave the waterpark resorts when hunger pains strike, not when you have so many delicious dining choices for the kids and grown-ups.
- Wilderness Resort: Be sure to check out Camp Social when you stay at this waterpark resort. This cleverly themed eatery features a hearty breakfast buffet, a burger bar, tacolicious tacos, and soft-service ice cream with a topping bar to create your own sweet masterpiece.
- Kalahari Resorts & Conventions: When in Wisconsin Dells, eat at the Wisconsin Brew Pub at the Kalahari. This family-friendly eatery features all the classics you know you love, like Wisconsin cheese curds and a Spotted Cow beer-battered fish fry. The kids’ menu includes all their favorites.
- Chula Vista Resort: Kilbourn City Grill opens early every day for breakfast so you can fortify for the day ahead at the waterpark. Choose from omelets, eggs benedict, pancakes and more. Lunch starts at noon, plus there are dinner options too with an emphasis on modern pub fare, including pizzas and sandwiches that go over well when the family is cheering on their favorite team, watching the big game on one of the large TVs.
- Great Wolf Lodge: Parents can order refined dishes while the youngsters munch on kid-friendly favorites at Lodge Wood Fired Grill. Mom and dad, you’ll want to try the wood-fired steaks and smoked ribs. Kids, mac and cheese, wings with dips, and tasty burgers are on your menu. Save room for dessert too.
Delicious + Novelty
We could just as easily call this category fun family dining, with these three restaurants serving up great food with a twist.
- What kid wouldn’t love to have their food delivered right to their table by miniature train? Buffalo Phil’s Pizza & Grille has an extensive menu, so everyone in the family will leave full and happy. For the kiddos and adults, try the rotisserie chicken. Be sure to take a look at the giant Lego Brick city display – it’s amazing!
- The motto at Hot Rocks is “Sear. Sizzle. Savor.” And that sums up this tiki dining experience to a T. Food is delivered on hot lava stones, allowing diners to cook their food to their liking. Talk about a memorable dining experience. Even the kids’ menu features a “little steak on the rock.” Split a delicious Hot Rocks fudge volcano for dessert.
- For families who are fans of street food, The Grateful Shed is your happy dining spot. No weather dependency to worry about because the trucks are in a large indoor garage setting. Choose tacos, pizza, grilled cheese, and sweet treats. In a word, yum. Lots of casual seating to accommodate the entire family.
These two burger joints offer some of the best family dining in Wisconsin Dells.
- Ask the locals where they go for burgers, and there’s a good chance they’ll tell you Monk’s Bar & Grill. The downtown location is historic, while the Lake Delton location gives families even more room to spread out and where the kids’ meals are served on a frisbee the kids get to keep.
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries is famous for its made-to-order burgers, of course, but also its fresh-cut fries and hand-spun vanilla milkshakes.
- At B-LUX Grill & Bar, all the menu items are made from scratch, with fresh ingredients sourced locally. The signature burgers are mouthwatering and the shakes never disappoint. Share an order of Ellsworth Creamery cheese curds to kick off the meal.
Wisconsin Dells kid friendly restaurants often involve pizza.
- Moosejaw Pizza is always a hit with kids, as much for the handcrafted pizza (kids can order their own right-sized personal pizza) as the beloved moose antler paper hats. Also on the kids’ menu, a Bucksnort Burger and Spaghetti-o’s.
- At Uno Pizzeria, the kids’ menu includes a make-your-own-pizza and make-your-own-sundae, such fun! Grown-ups will likely gravitate to the Chicago pizza options – deep dish or thin crust.
- Pizza Pub, a Wisconsin Dells tradition, has an extensive pizza menu, featuring pan-style, thin crust, and specialty pizza pies. Then there’s the Big Kahuna, a 20-inch hand-tossed pizza to feed the whole family.
Here are three Wisconsin Dells restaurants that have perfected the culinary art of comfort food.
- MACS – Macaroni and Cheese Shop has two locations serving up that cheesy family favorite in skillets, with flavors to delight adults and kids.
- The kids’ menu at Lake City Social has all the hand-held items kids clamor for, while the rest of the extensive menu is devoted to cheese curds, ribs, Reuben sandwiches, burgers, loaded mashed potatoes, and bratwurst-topped soup.
- The owners of Hot Dog Avenue hail from Chicago, so you know the Chicago Dog here is good. They also have a Green Bay Dog on the menu, smart!
Start the day right with a hearty breakfast.
- The kids’ menu at BJ’s Restaurant includes a kids’ scramble, pancakes, and French toast. Grown-ups, you should order the Howie’s Huge Breakfast to say you did and because it features every tasty breakfast favorite you can imagine.
- Bella Goose Café on the River has lattes and espressos for mom and dad and house-made waffles, breakfast sandwiches, and pastries for the whole family.
Click here to read more about all the tasty breakfast options in Wisconsin Dells.